Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Sort order by field name?

More
8 years 10 months ago #4250 by asoundidea
Sort order by field name? was created by asoundidea
Greetings,

Sorry to bug you, but I'm confused about something. I've used the field names, which I understood would work, to try and arrange the sort order, but it's not working. Did I do this wrong (screenshot attached)?

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4251 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Sort order by field name?
Hello Mike,

no bother at all!
What you did is correct.
Now, in the menu item or module instance, you need to set the order 'by sort field'.

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4256 by asoundidea
Replied by asoundidea on topic Sort order by field name?
Thanks, but I'm still experiencing a problem. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the landing page off the menu item is not in the correct order and in the alphabetical search function, only one of the letter items shows up as a link.

I'm thinking that the search function isn't indexing completely. I have Smart Search working and all the contacts are indexed there. The TE search and Smart Search plugins are enabled and the corresponding core search plugins are disabled.

Is there some way to force the TE search function to reindex the entire contacts database?

Again, thanks for your help.

~Mike
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by asoundidea. Reason: Removed an image because it contained non-public information

More
8 years 9 months ago #4257 by admin
Hello Mike,

I would need to see your parameter settings in order to have a clear understanding on what is wrong with the sorting order. Could you please either send a screenshot of the parameter settings (just the first tab with the order settings) or better, send the credentials to access your site to [email protected].

As far as the indexed search is concerned, any time you change settings or enable/disable the TE search settings, you will need to re-index your content. That means purging then re-indexing. There is no way around it. Joomla has no way to re-index only a subset of the site content so far.

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4258 by asoundidea
Replied by asoundidea on topic Sort order by field name?
Thanks, Olivier.

I'm sure it's just some setting I have wrong.

I've given you superuser access and sent the login info to your email address.

Thanks a lot for looking into this problem. I really appreciate it.

~Mike

More
8 years 9 months ago #4259 by admin
No problem, I know that with this amount of parameters, it may be overwhelming to set it up right :-)
Thank you for the access, I will take a look at it promptly.

Olivier.