Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Sort order by field name?

More
8 years 9 months ago #4260 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Sort order by field name?
Ok Mike,

2 things:

- I misunderstood you on your first post: I thought you were telling me that you wanted to put a contact's last name in the first sort order and the first name in the second sort order (without naming an actual person), when if fact you would need

First sort field : Doe (and not 'lastname')
Second sort field: John (and not 'firstname')

I have noticed you have about 800 contacts (!), therefore I would advise to backup your site then use the import tool to correctly fix those sort fields more easily than going through each contact one at a time. There is way to import contact data without making duplicates in Trombinoscope. Just use the columns name, alias (only if you created those manually before, otherwise skip it), catid (93), sortname1 and sortname2 in the csv file.

- I have fixed a bug when using pagination and the alphabet index a couple weeks ago, but got stuck with another issue, therefore I did not put the next version of the component up for grabs yet (v2.2.1).
Once I have the last issue figured out, the next update will fix the index bug. IF you need the fix right away, I can send you the beta of the next version for you to install. Your call.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asoundidea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4261 by asoundidea
Replied by asoundidea on topic Sort order by field name?
Thanks, Olivier. I'll work on these things based on what you discovered.

I also sent you a message via email with a bit more info.

~Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.