Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Import of contact data does not work

More
9 years 4 days ago #4123 by Charlie_HD
Import of contact data does not work was created by Charlie_HD
Hi,
I tried to import contact data into my sql database via your import file (www.simplifyyourweb.com/media/kunena/att...ts_simple_import.txt).
Unfortunately I always got the error 1064:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published IN (0, 1)' at line 3 SQL=SELECT params FROM j33_contact_details WHERE alias='' AND catid= AND published IN (0, 1)
What does not work while importing? (I do not use K2 :) )

Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 days ago #4125 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Import of contact data does not work
Hello Charlie,

what platform are you working on? Windows or Mac? Are you on a Unix or Windows server?
I have saved the file you attached as .csv and imported it into Joomla! 3.4 without any issue.
Note that the category id in the file is 4, which may be different for you. You need to have a category of id 4 for this to work (or else make the catid of a contact category that exists on your site). Although I am not sure this is your issue here, you should have an error message different than a SQL error.

Olivier.

More
9 years 4 days ago #4126 by admin
I forgot the essential: what version of the Trombinoscope are you using AND on what Joomla! platform? Thanks!

Olivier.

More
9 years 4 days ago #4127 by Charlie_HD
Replied by Charlie_HD on topic Import of contact data does not work
Hi Olivier,
thanks for the fast answer.
Webserver is a unix server on Strato, a big provider in Germany.
I work with Windows 7, Firefox 36.0.3 and with Joomla 3.4.1 and installed Trombinoscope Extended 2.1.
Sorry, I didn't know that you need this information; I thought that it is known problem that you can easily solve without futher information. :-)
I will try your above mentioned tips and I will tell you the progress.

More
9 years 4 days ago #4129 by admin
No problem, it is just that the PHP function used for import does not handle files the same way, especially because CSV files are not always coded the same depending on the platform and software that is used to create them. And I needed to know which version of TE you are using to see if you are using a version that uses the latest fixes for the import function.

Another thing you can try: remove the empty line at the end of the imported file. We need to find out why your import crashes, especially that I have used the same file on pretty much the same configuration without problem.

Olivier.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4229 by bsbad
Replied by bsbad on topic Import of contact data does not work
Hello Olivier,
I try to import summary as an additional field to the contacts with trombinoscope 2.1, but this doesn't work. As mentioned in the documentation I activate the content plugin add additional fields. I can choose the fields therre, but I can't import summary to my joomla 3.4.1. contact. All other fields import properly.

Get another problem with UTF8-Encoding. My Import-File is utf-8 without BOM. After Import are Characters like ä,ö,ü ... not the same. The Database Table is utf8-general-ci.
Example Dö will be saved as Dö2
I attach an example file to this post.
I'm looking forward to your help.
Thanks
Ruth
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bsbad. Reason: Second Problem