Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Module interrface not integrated with Joomla

More
11 years 4 months ago #1396 by Koning
Hello,

Somehow when creating a new or opening an existing LNE module the module interface shows up styleless and not integrated within Joomla. Joomla menu and save/close buttons are also not available within the opened module. Please, help me!

I am using Joomla v2.5.7
I installed Latest News Enhanced v1.1.1 without any further action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1397 by admin
Hello,
I suppose you mean at the admin level, not the site. Try re-installing the module, there is no reason it would behave this way that I know of for the module to do this.In the meantime, I will try and look at the install files again.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1398 by Koning
Yes I mean at admin level. No problems with other extensions.
Removed v1.1.1 and reinstalled it by 'Upload Package File'.
Still have the same problem. Can I maybe try an older version? (before J v3 support i.e.)

More
11 years 4 months ago #1399 by admin
I need your help here to figure this out: could you go into the global configuration, in the server settings tab and set the error reporting to 'development'? Lots of users have installed that same module without problem, so there is something 'fishy' here and we need to go into the bottom of this :-)
After you do that, go to the module's page and let me know what errors you get. Thank you for your patience!

Olivier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1400 by Koning
**jQuery is required for the pagination to work.
(enable it in the advanced options if needed)**

**The PHP GD extension is required for creating thumbnails of the article images. If disabled, the module will use full size image only.**

GD Version
Notice: Use of undefined constant GD_VERSION - assumed 'GD_VERSION' in D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\joomla\modules\mod_latestnewsenhanced\fields\gdtest\tmpl\default.php on line 76
GD_VERSION
GIF Support
Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagetypes() in D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\joomla\modules\mod_latestnewsenhanced\fields\gdtest\tmpl\default.php on line 77

More
11 years 4 months ago #1401 by admin
Thank you so much, that helps a lot.
What version of PHP are you using? Do you have the extension php_gd2 enabled? If not, enable it and let me know if that fixes the issue. I will elaborate a few tests on my test sites in order to try and reproduce your issue and fix it.

Olivier.