Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file thumbnails in 2.5

More
11 years 9 months ago #651 by Comdev
thumbnails in 2.5 was created by Comdev
I have upgraded to 2.5 and installed the latest version Of "latest news enhanced" however it is still not using the image set in the images and links tab under Intro image.

Is there something else i need to set?

I want to see am image in the menu link but not when you click through to the article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #652 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: thumbnails in 2.5
Hello,
this feature has not yet been added to the free version of the plugin, although it exists in the paid version. The plugin was advertised to work with Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7 on the Joomla! Extensions directory but the Joomla! team replaced all of those versions with Joomla! 2.5, which mislead people as the plugin WILL work with Joomla! 2.5 but does not take into account the new features found in Joomla! 2.5 yet.

Olivier.

More
11 years 9 months ago #654 by Comdev
Replied by Comdev on topic Re: thumbnails in 2.5
Thanks - how do i get the paid version and how much is it (i can only see a link to donate on the site)

More
11 years 9 months ago #655 by admin
Look for the Latest News Enhanced Extended module in the download section of the site here . It is $14.95. It has great features that go way beyond the free version.

Thanks you for your interest in the module.

Olivier.

More
11 years 9 months ago #661 by afendy
Replied by afendy on topic Re: thumbnails in 2.5
Thanks for developing such a great extension. However if its free its certainly greater (with donation button)
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

More
11 years 9 months ago #662 by admin
Thank you for the compliment. It is greatly appreciated. I understand free software is very interesting, I do like it myself. I donate when I can.

But, for instance, the most used free extension I have created (jQuery Easy) has been downloaded over 17 000 times, I gave free support to over 300 people (for the issues they had with their website mostly, not the extension) and I received 3 donations and 34 reviews (all 5 stars).

Somewhat disappointing to see the rather low level of appreciation (but proud of those reviews).

So, yes, a few extensions have to be paid for... but this helps me in continuing to build good software for everyone to use...

Olivier.