Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Fatal error: Class 'JControllerLegacy' not found

More
10 years 8 months ago #2783 by JeYscript
Hi guys. I recently tried upgrading my Joomla 2.5.4 JV Framework site to Joomla 2.5.14 on my local machine. I first upgraded three JComments successfully then went on to upgrade the Joomla site which was not a success. I got a message that said said the upgrade was not successful. Now I cannot log in to the backend. I get this message: "Fatal error: Class 'JControllerLegacy' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\jeszim\administrator\components\com_cpanel\cpanel.php on line 13."
Guys, what do I do, I am so lost now? Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2784 by admin
Hello,
this forum is not really the place for this kind of problem, the Joomla forum would be more appropriate for your problem.
Since Joomla 2.5.5, some core Joomla classes have been modified, for instance from JController to JControllerLegacy.
It seems like some of your Joomla files have been modified and not others. Try and replace JControllerLegacy with JController in cpanel.php and keep going in debugging this way until you get your hands back into the admin console.
Another thing you could do is manually transfer files from v2.5.14 into your system (thru FTP)

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.