Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Problems after installation

More
8 years 8 months ago #4313 by Infoarena
Problems after installation was created by Infoarena
Dear all,

I was using the free module of Latest News enhanced and it was wonderfull, and i decided to purchase the licence of extended version. After that when I'm trying to configure this new module (latest news enhanced extended) my website stop to work for two times (it's offline right now). The problem ocurrs when I made the configurations according to the manual of the módulo on the backend and when i refresh the frontend of the website for a several times, it stops to respond and my website go to offline mode and I cannot access the frontend and neither the backend (administrative). I already talk to my host provider and they said that this problem is caused by an extension installed recent.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4314 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Problems after installation
Hello,

what is your Joomla version and the version of the module you installed? Did you update the external library that is required for the module to work?

There is nothing in this module that could disable your backend as far as I know. If you lost access, go to your server through FTP, go to the 'modules' directory and remove the directory of the module.
In the database, remove the module line(s) in the __extensions table.

Can you see if your provider could tell you which error(s) they have found? They must have seen it since they confirmed it was made by a newly installed extension. That would help in finding out what went wrong. Thank you!

Olivier.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.