Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Original image size in the head

More
9 years 10 months ago #3611 by marcin7
Original image size in the head was created by marcin7
hi,
I have tried to configure the module to display the first article image with its original size (as it is in the article) but it is not possible. Blank values in the fields Image Width and Image Height are automatically replaced with value 64px.
It would be nice to be able to display the image with it orginal article size without resizing and cropping.

Thanks !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3612 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Original image size in the head
Thank you for your request!

The fact that you need an image size ensures the images won't be out of proportion when showing and will always remain consistent when articles change.

If you need to show the original image size (and that size being identical to all your articles showing in that instance of the module), simply set the width and height to the original image size.

Maybe there is a use case you are thinking about where setting sizes isn't good enough, so let me know!

Olivier.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3613 by marcin7
Replied by marcin7 on topic Original image size in the head
yes. I have many websites where I use the same pattern. Till now I am using Joomla 1.5 and very old extension mod_thumbsup which till now fulfilled all my needs. Now I want to achieve the same in Joomla 3.2.2 and using your module.

So my need is: on the start page I just want to announce in a simplified way X last articles recently added. This mean title, first image and part of the article text introduction. My "special" need is to display the image of the first article in its orginal size and the rest of X-1 articles using thumbnails in fixed size.

Example: www.backen-mit-spass.de

Using the mod_thumbsup I have created just two module instances - the first module displaying the very last article (with intro image with its orginal size) and the second instance displays the rest of X-1 articles with intro images resized to fixed size.

Setting (in the first module instance) the size to the article orginal size would not be a solution - the next "newest" article can have image with another size and I dont want to change the module configuration every time I add a new article to my website.

thank in advance for your support

More
9 years 10 months ago #3614 by admin
Ok, I understand your requirements. Thank you for all these explanations.
You will also need 2 instances of the module, the way you had setup previously in Joomla! 1.5.

I will see if I can 'squeeze' this functionality into the next update.

Olivier.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3615 by marcin7
Replied by marcin7 on topic Original image size in the head
it would be really great, thanks a lot in advance !!

cheers
martin

More
9 years 7 months ago #3719 by admin
Hello Martin,

I sincerely apologize for such a late answer.
I have had your requirements on the back burner, trying to find the best way to do this without 'breaking' other functionality. What actually seems like a simple request turns out to be difficult to implement because of all the different possibilities offered by the module.
I have a solution for you but I will not document it right now as it requires loads of testing.
Consider this solution to be in the 'alpha' stage.

If you are still interested (I understand if you are not anymore, considering the time it took me to get back to you), please send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you a copy of the module to try out and information on how to get the effect you are looking for.
Thank you!

Olivier.