Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Mail icon wont show

More
11 years 5 months ago #1093 by IVGJ
Mail icon wont show was created by IVGJ
Hi.

I'm having trouble to show the mail icon on a joomla 2.5.7 site. I have the module installed on a joomla 2.5.6 site and there its showing without any problem.

The other icons like phone works. What can the problem be. I'm sorry i cant give you a URL because the site is for registered user only, and is made for a company.

regards.
Ivan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1094 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Mail icon wont show
Hello Ivan,
indeed, it would be much easier to diagnose the issue if I could see the page... You probably have a CSS conflict with another extension or your template's CSS. Check your web page with Firebug (in Firefox) and you will be able to see what overrides the Trombinoscope's icon.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1095 by IVGJ
Replied by IVGJ on topic Re: Mail icon wont show
Hi admin.

When I in the 2.5.6 site check the css with firebug this comes up besides the mail icon.

.trombinoscope_150 .personemail {
background: url("images/con_email.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
display: inline-block;
padding-left: 20px;
}

But this doesnt comes up in the 2.5.7 site at all.

regards.
Ivan.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1096 by admin
Olivier here.
Do you have ANY CSS for the 2.5.7 site for Trombinoscope at all? If you do not have any CSS, it means that the CSS file from the module does not have the right permissions to be accessed (the file style.css.php needs to have 744 file permission).
By the way, the '.trombinoscope_150' name won't be the same on the other site (150 is the module ID, which makes every instance unique)

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1097 by IVGJ
Replied by IVGJ on topic Re: Mail icon wont show
Hi Olivier.

The permission with 744 didnt do the trick. still getting shown without the mail icon. In my css from the template i use there isnt any thing that could have any thing to do with this module at all. Neither on the 2.5.6 site :-)

A question. Why have css in a php file and not a regular css file?

More
11 years 5 months ago #1098 by admin
That was all I could think of so far. I can only tell you what could be the problem... You did not answer that question though: do you have other Trombinoscope CSS properties showing for the module on the 2.5.7 version? I want to see if it is general to the module or only a problem with the email styling.
The use of PHP for CSS files is due to the fact that I want to pass parameters to the stylesheet (module id or class suffix for instance). It makes every instance of the module unique, therefore allowing styling of each module instance on a same page separate.

Olivier.