Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Problem: No contacts showing with "Categories"

More
11 years 4 months ago #1186 by bvl
Hi. Nice module, thanks for sharing...

I have a problem when trying to display my contacts "by category":

I have 4 test contacts in 2 categories like this:
category-A
Sue
Bob
Bill
category-B
Tom

If I select "Categories" in the "Selection From" drop-down menu, and select *no* category from my Categories list, then the contacts from Category-A show up(!), but not the contacts from category-B(!).

Now if I select either category-A or category-B from the Categories menu, then no contacts show up at all!

Any idea why??

I checked the error console and did not see anything resembling the potential problem that you mention on the Trombinoscope webpage...

B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1191 by admin
Hello,
the 'sub-categories' selection box is only used for telling the system if sub-categories (of the selected categories in the select box 'categories') need to be selected automatically or not.
You can also select multiple categories in the 'categories' selection box, not just one (use the 'Ctrl' key under Windows).
All that said, I think there is a bug in the code and I will fix it today, as the module works under Joomla! 3.0 but seems to fail in Joomla! 2.5.

Olivier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1194 by bvl
Hi Olivier

Thanks, that's terrific!

PS: sorry for the double-post in the forum, I thought it had not gone through the first time.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1195 by admin
No problem (posts need to be moderated before showing up).
Thank you for reporting the bug!

Olivier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1200 by admin
Would you be interested in testing the bug fix before it is put online? If so, let me know, send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you the file. Thanks!

Olivier.