Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file invalid argument

More
11 years 6 months ago #877 by ruilbom
invalid argument was created by ruilbom
Hello,

I just installed trombinoscope but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I get 2 error messages:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public/sites/www.voc-f13.nl/modules/mod_trombinoscope/helper.php on line 105

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /public/sites/www.voc-f13.nl/modules/mod_trombinoscope/tmpl/default.php on line 40

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance for your help
Ruilbom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #878 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: invalid argument
Hello Ruilbom,

please make sure you are using the proper version of the module for the version of Joomla! you are using. Also, make sure all your contact pictures have no space or special character in them. Get back to me if none of these apply to you :-)

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #880 by ruilbom
Replied by ruilbom on topic Re: invalid argument
Thank's for your very quick reply.

I'm using Joomla version 2.5.6 and I'm certain installed the version for Joomla 2.5 that was updated 24 august 2012. I uploaded it from another laptop, so I can't check the downloaded file. I can't find any mentioning of the version of the module in the uploaded module.

I wasn't using any contact pictures yet, but I when I did, there was no change. there are no spaces or anything funny in the naming of the pics.

The module does work, but I keep getting the two errors.

Another problem is, that the pictures are displayed accross the entire page, but I want just a thumbnail size (30 x40) picture showing. I can't find where I can adjust the display size. Do I have to change that in CSS?

Thank's again for your effort.

Cheers
Ruilbom

More
11 years 6 months ago #884 by admin
Hi Ruilbom,
if you go the the extension manager, under 'manage' you will find the version of the module you installed. But I just realized that won't help knowing if you installed the right file ...

For the picture size, you have to override the .personpicture class. Add the width and height you desire.

For the other errors, I am looking into that and I am trying to find out what could cause such errors.

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #885 by admin
Please still make sure you installed the proper file, there are database differences between the versions for Joomla! 1.6/1.7 and 2.5. Can you send me screenshots of the module?
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #886 by ruilbom
Replied by ruilbom on topic Re: invalid argument
Dear Oliver,
went to the guy whose laptop I used to upload the module and if I open the mod_trombinoscope.zip file, the first directory is mod_tromboniscope 2.5, so I guess it must be the right version. I looked under the extension manager and it says that the version number is 1.0.12. Date is August 2011.

I attached a screenshot of the address page with the error messages. Hope that helps.

Cheers.
Ruilbom
Attachments: