Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file invalid argument

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #889 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: invalid argument
Yes, seems like you have the right version.
Sorry, I was meaning can you send me screenshots of the module parameters you have set up, so I can see if it can give me a hint. Any URL I can look at either? Any logs?
Thanks for your patience.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #890 by ruilbom
Replied by ruilbom on topic Re: invalid argument
Ok, I should have known that. Here are some screenshots that may give you some clues.

I tried to override the .personpicture class by the way, but that didn't work. appearantly the pictures I used were very big although I scaled them down. I rescaled them and that seems to work fine.

Thank's for all your efforts.
Ruilbom
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #891 by admin
Thanks for the screenshots.
Can you try with nothing in fields 1 thru 5? That would narrow things down. There is something wrong with the database query, I just cannot see what it is. By the way, what kind of database are you using with Joomla!?

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #892 by admin
Could you try and install this version, it adds a catch if there is a database error. It will be easier to see what the problem is. Thank you!

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_trombi...e_25.zip
File Size:69 KB

Olivier.
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #893 by ruilbom
Replied by ruilbom on topic Re: invalid argument
Dear Oliver,

You sure take your support very seriously. I'm very impressed.

I may have messed up things a little. I downloaded the zipfile and uploaded it to my site. I thought I could install it as a second instance of Trombinoscope, but I guess that's not the case. Trombinoscope still appaer as a module and I can change settings, but site address page on the site won't load. Then I cleared the fields 1 though 5, but now the page won't load at all. I attached the printscreen of the error messages I get. I hope this helps.

Cheers
Ruilbom
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #894 by admin
Hello Ruilbom,
you are very welcome, I do want to make sure we resolve this issue :-)
Well, thank you for installing and trying out this the latest version. It does indeed help in finding out what was wrong. It is all clear now and this is an error that slipped through my testing. It is indeed an error in the SQL statement when ordering names. That error got introduced when I made modifications to the query in order to accommodate other SQL databases.
So I do apologize for the trouble. You should be able to use the module without lastname/firstname ordering (I assume) until I give you a fixed version of the module.
Thank you so much for your help!

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by admin.