Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Re: Modifing Contacts queries

More
11 years 2 months ago #1572 by ClassBase
Re: Modifing Contacts queries was created by ClassBase
Hi Olivier,

I've modded in helper.php the fields that contained: '#__contact_details' to '#__ce_details', that is the name of the table for contact enhanced.

The problem is that when I click a link on a image or a card no contact is found (Joomla message).

Maybe there are other changes needed? like in:

if ($option == 'com_contact' && $view == 'contact' && $id) { // the content is a contact page

Just a guess ;-), i'm no coder.....

Please help by telling me what to change...

Frank

I've changed in line 69: $query->from('#__ce_details');

line 337: $query->from('#__ce_details AS cd');

p.s. the table for the contacts in Contact Enhanced is jos_ce_details, the component name is mod_contactenhanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1573 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Modifing Contacts queries
Hello,
there may be more changes to be done at the database level, I do not know what fields are available in the CE tables.
I don't know what version of Joomla! you are using Trombinoscope in, but you will also need to change getContactRoute functions in default.php with the way CE creates its contact links.
I do not know or own a copy of CE at this point so I cannot really offer you good support on that.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1591 by ClassBase
Replied by ClassBase on topic Re: Modifing Contacts queries
Hi Olivier,

Besides the changes as stated earlier (changed in helper.php the fields that contained: #__contact_details for #__ce_details) I've also searched in ALL Trombinoscope code (component back- and frontend AND the module) for com_contacts and replaced it for com_contactedenhanced.

As far as I have tested this morning it works flawless, so it seems that this will do the job to let Trombinoscope work with Contact Enhanced contacts.

Hope this helps other CE users ;)

Regards,

Frank

More
11 years 2 months ago #1595 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Modifing Contacts queries
Hi Frank,
that is great, thank you for posting your code modifications, that will certainly help other users.
I will look into adding CE support in the future.
Thanks again!

Olivier.