Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file CSS is not loaded when LNEE is loaded in a module

More
9 years 8 months ago #3721 by CasperT
Hi',
I am trying to embed Latest News Enhanced Extended in my footer (a module), so I can view a horizontal list of articles.
However, the CSS file for the particular LNEE isn't loaded when I load it in a module. The CSS seems only to be loaded if I load the LNEE in an article.
I am using Modules Anywhere to load the modules.

How do I fix this?

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3722 by admin
Hello,
the module should work as well when instantiated or used in a plugin like 'Module Anywhere'.
If the CSS is not loaded, it may be a problem of file permissions.
In the page source code where the module is located, look for the stylesheet associated with it. In Firefox, for instance, clicking on the link calls the stylesheet code itself. If the content is a 500 error, that means the stylesheets permissions need to be modified. There are plenty of posts in this forum on how to do that if that is the case (some solutions involve the excellent component 'Admin Tools').
If this is not a 500 error, please provide the link to the page so I can take a look. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3724 by CasperT
Hi',
The CSS file isn't when I load LNEE inside my footer, but when I load it inside an article, it loads just fine. No 500 Error.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3726 by admin
This is really strange behavior. Everything should work, being in an article or as module instances. Or none working at all.
I have a suspicion: did you install the external library syw_lib? That would explain why it is working with calendars and not with images.

Olivier.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3727 by CasperT
Yes I have installed the SimplifyYourWeb Library version 1.0.10.

The CSS file is however loaded, if I load the LNEE module inside an article.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3728 by admin
Which is strange because if anything should go wrong, it would be in the case where the module is loaded in an article, not in its normal behavior (which is as a module instance).
Do you use any tool (extension or template) that would tweak/optimize CSS or the loading of pages?

Olivier.