Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Tromboscope Contacts Pro and sh404SEF

More
6 years 4 months ago #4939 by eera5607
Tromboscope Contacts Pro and sh404SEF was created by eera5607
 Hello!

I don’t know if in this case I should be contacting sh404SEF support service or Tromboscope Contacts Pro support service in this forum. I just noticed that sh404SEF is discovering 2 URLs for the same categories (one for each category and subcategory). One created by Tromboscope another by com_contacts. If the URL has a / at the end it directs to the com_contacts page (That one that I don’t want) and if the URL does not have the / at the end it directs to the page created by Tromboscope (please check the screenshot). The thing is that those 2 URLs are basically duplicates. They have the same information but are created by different components and because of that sh404SEF do not consider them as duplicates. Is there a easy way to fix this? Do I have to manually redirect each one? There are more that 100 URLs in that condition.

Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4941 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Tromboscope Contacts Pro and sh404SEF
That is probably a configuration issue.
Do you have menu items that actually open Trombinoscope AND contact pages? If so, are some menu items hidden but enabled?
It looks like you do have menu items for both components (I can see menu items ids in the links), therefore it looks logical sh404SEF would create both links.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eera5607

More
6 years 4 months ago #4943 by eera5607
Replied by eera5607 on topic Tromboscope Contacts Pro and sh404SEF
Oh maybe I know why is creating the URLs to com_contact pages. I decided to use the Smart Seach plugin of com_contacts and not the included one in the the Trombinoscope package (so I deactivated it to avoid duplicates in searches). Is it possible that that may be the issue?

More
6 years 4 months ago #4944 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Tromboscope Contacts Pro and sh404SEF
It's possible! You should use the smart search of Trombinoscope instead when using that component to show contacts.

Olivier.

More
6 years 4 months ago #4945 by eera5607
Ok thanks. Where is the option to configure the way that the contacts are shown with the smart search of Tromboscopine contacts? I didn't used it because I didn't know how to customize the results. Thanks

More
6 years 4 months ago #4946 by eera5607
I tried deactivating the com_contacts Smart Search and using the Trombinoscope Smart Search and purged all the URLs but it did not worked. The com_contacts URLs were recreated. I don't know what is creating them because I do not have any com_contacts type menu item. The problem is that they are duplicates URLs in content but not exactly duplicates for sh404SEF to consider them as such. There is an option to redirect those URLs to the URLs without the / at the end, but it I would like to stop the creation of the URL in the first place.

Oh and I just learned that the general options are the ones that one can use to customize the presentation of the search results (specifically the individual cards)

Thanks.