Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Having an issue with some plugins

More
8 years 2 months ago #4464 by dattard21
Having an issue with some plugins was created by dattard21
Hi guys,

I have jQuery in place, but I have a module which is not working.

When I enable debugging for Super User, the module works ok, but if I remove the debugging, it does not work.

Not sure whether jQuery is setup correctly

www.dart-creations.com/donate-a-beer.html

When you try to donate there is no redirection to Paypal.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4465 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Having an issue with some plugins
Hello David,

jQuery Easy cannot work on your site because all javascripts are compiled into one file (by the template I think). Although this may sound like a good idea, it prevents any possible fix since the plugin works on file names to determine issues and not the content of the files.

Therefore in order for the plugin to find and fix any issue, you will need to turn off that aggregation of files.

Olivier.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by syw.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4466 by dattard21
Replied by dattard21 on topic Having an issue with some plugins
How come it seems to work ok when I choose to enable debugging?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #4467 by syw
Probably because when debugging, your template does not aggregate the files (but I am just assuming).

It is easy to find out what is going on :
Check your source code before debugging.
There will be a javascript (.js) file with t3assets in the path of that file. The content of that file will have several libraries like MooTools, jQuery plugins...

Check again after debugging and see if that file is still there or is replaced by a bunch of other javascript files...

If I am correct, the debugging enabled allows jQuery Easy to function as it should on the files that are not compiled into one anymore.

Olivier.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by syw.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4468 by dattard21
Replied by dattard21 on topic Having an issue with some plugins
Ok OK, so I'll switch off minification and combination of files. However I'd like to be able to use JotCache and jch optimize because I want my site to be fast too...how would the ordering of plugins be to work correctly?

David

More
8 years 2 months ago #4469 by syw
You will actually have to test what is best for your configuration.

Depending on what jQuery Easy has to do to fix your page, it may actually be faster than having library duplicates piled up in a big file.
You can try and reorder the system plugins in the administrator console to make sure jQuery Easy fixes issues BEFORE the files are compiled into a big one.

Finally, I would suggest you turn 'on' the error reporting for jQuery Easy (option of the plugin) and see all of the plugin inner works. Alongside your speed tests, it will help you determine if you cannot do without the plugin or if a simple code fix can be applied to your site, therefore eliminating the need for the jQuery Easy plugin and prevent potential issues with other optimization software.

One more note: you can use jQuery Easy on a single page rather than sitewide (to set in the advanced options). If the page you referred to is the only one that causes issues and if you can disable optimization extensions for that page, there will be very little impact on the overall speed of your site...

Olivier.