Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Future articles not showing

More
10 years 4 months ago #3336 by ikkeikke
Replied by ikkeikke on topic Re: Future articles not showing
Hello Olivier,

But your enhanced extended module says: "Latest News Enhanced Extended is an all-in-one news/articles module presenting the latest, featured, popular, related, futur or random article". That is why i bought the module. How can i show future articles then?

Kind regards,
René

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3338 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Future articles not showing
Hello René,
in Joomla!, only published articles can be visible from the frontend. The 'futur' article feature was meant to be able to show articles as events. So you can see the publish_down date as the date of the event. Events show as the published_up date is in the past. That was what it was intended for.
But I do understand what you are looking to do.
I will look into my code and see how I can modify this behavior (have the articles show even if the publish_up date is also in the future). Now, I am not sure, when people are clicking on the link of a future event, they will be able to edit that article...
Please contact me through [email protected] so I can send you a test version of the fix I will generate for this case.
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
9 years 7 months ago #3740 by yiyedj
Replied by yiyedj on topic Future articles not showing
First, thanks for this great module, very useful and customizable.
I am interested in the same case, I want to show future events, but do not want to use the date "finished" articles because I want yet been published and accessible to users.
Any idea? Its possible?
Thanks

More
9 years 7 months ago #3743 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Future articles not showing
Thank you very much!
the future article feature was meant as a simple event viewer feature. The only way to make this happen is to have a finished date. Do you mean you need to see the articles AFTER the events are over? If so, this is not possible in this case. Once the published date is over, the articles get unpublished.
The only workaround I can think of would be to have 2 articles for each event. One that uses the LNEE feature to show future events (with a finished date) and one that will not have a finished date.
If you need more advanced features, I would suggest using a full blown event management extension.
Thank you again for your enthusiasm!

Olivier.