Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Enable Animation and the layout is messed up

More
10 years 2 months ago #3502 by austenn01
Hello,

If i dont enbale Animation, the layout looks correct..IE 2 artciles horizontaslly accross the module position.

As soon as I enable Animation (which I need to use), the layout breaks and it shows 1 column that is maybe 50px wide... very strange...

Also, even though Joomla 3.2.1 has jquery loaded, i have to install a 3rd party jquery extension to get the pagination arrows to show (at the moment i use eorsis...yes i know about your jqueryeary).

I have attached a screen shot of the issue. This site is LOCAL only, it is not online.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3503 by admin
Hello,

not easy to diagnose what is going on without seeing the code live... There are nonetheless a few things you need to check out.

First, the documentation lists all required parameters and possible effects in the 'configuration' section. Looks to me there is the need for some item(s) width here. The animation you have selected should only show one item at a time.

Second, as you mentioned, jQuery is loaded automatically by the module from the framework IF missing. There should not be any need for extra 3rd party extension to load jQuery. That is something that can be seen through the source code, but here again, difficult to help. There could be a problem of compatibility with javascripts, CSS or plain conflicts between javascript scripts.
I could make a first diagnostic if you could send me the source code for the page WITHOUT Eorisis enabled. That could already show if something is missing or does not feel right.
Send an email to [email protected]. Thank you!

Third, please confirm you have installed the external required library.

Olivier.

More
10 years 2 months ago #3504 by austenn01
Replied by austenn01 on topic Enable Animation and the layut is messed up
Hello,

yes I have the external library installed (where do I find this in the backend of joomla?)

I just enabled K2 as my alternative layout source, and I get this error with a white page:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.lft' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT a.*, c.id AS cat_id, c.name AS category_title, c.alias AS cat_alias, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END AS slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(c.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', c.id, c.alias) ELSE c.id END AS cat_slug FROM cdgqj_k2_items AS a INNER JOIN cdgqj_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid WHERE a.published = 1 AND a.trash = 0 AND c.published = 1 AND a.access IN (1,1,5) AND c.access IN (1,1,5) AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2014-01-27 06:14:10') AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2014-01-27 06:14:10') AND a.catid IN (3) ORDER BY c.lft ASC,a.publish_up DESC

Some seriously weird stuff going on. And by the way, I am looking for '2 columns' to display from 8 K2 or Joomla Itmes/articles.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #3506 by admin
The external library is located in the libraries/syw folder.

The K2 error you are getting is a bug apparently that went through the cracks. Try and select no order for categories for now until I issue the fix.

For animated 2 columns, you need to download extra animations you can find on the site.

I am still interested in seeing your source code, as requested in my last post. Thank you!

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by admin.