Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

map-pin The calendar is off by 1 day

More
11 years 4 months ago #1152 by admin
The calendar is off by 1 day was created by admin
The calendar representation may be off by one day in some cases. It just happens that the module uses the same article date for all dates, but the calendar representation needs some PHP in order to separate date elements into chunks.
You may end up with a difference of 1 day whenever the php.ini on your server and your Joomla! configuration are not in the same time zone (depending on how far away they are apart and your time of the day, you will end up with 1 day difference).

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1732 by taunwillis
Replied by taunwillis on topic Re: The calendar is off by 1 day
Olivier, did you ever get this issue resolved with the calendar date being off by 1 day? I am having he problem again...

More
11 years 1 month ago #1739 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The calendar is off by 1 day
Hello,
no, this has not been resolved yet, mostly because it is a configuration issue and if servers are setup correctly the issue does not arise. Another major hurtle is that I had to make the code compatible with older versions of PHP so it works for everyone. More reliable PHP functions exist but starting version 5.3. By making a specific version of the module for Joomla! 3 (which requires PHP 5.3), I will be able to 'force' those functions into the code.

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3819 by [email protected]
I am having the same problem ... i have three modules next to each other. the first column/module, has this issue of displaying the wrong day ... showing the next day.

the other two modules next to it .. do not have this problem.

any fixes?

thanks
Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #3820 by admin
It is rather strange. Either the modules would all be off by one day or not, depending on the server configuration.
What type of dates are you showing for each module (modified...)? Are the type of dates the same for each module?

Olivier.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3821 by admin
Note that items may seem off by one day, but it may be because the server is off by a few hours. An article saved at 11pm may show up for the next day because the server is off by 2 hours (as an example).

Olivier.