Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file wonky calender images

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1070 by cbrace
wonky calender images was created by cbrace
Hi Olivier,

I've configured this extension to list the two most recent items from my blog on my home page. So far so good.

I really like the look of the calendar header, so I enabled that next. However they appear wonky.
Is my site's CSS mucking with your CSS or something?

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by cbrace. Reason: rm pngs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1071 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: wonky calender images
Hello,
the answer is simple: in the basic options you need to change the Image/Calendar Width and Height options to match your calendar size. If you use a background image, you have to adjust the text accordingly (font size). Not all styles will look good with all background images. You have to play around with the parameters a little to create your own. It should be flexible enough to make it look nice. have fun with it!

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrace

More
11 years 6 months ago #1072 by cbrace
Replied by cbrace on topic Re: wonky calender images
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. An hour or so experimenting made it all perfectly clear how it work.

One quick question: on the admin config page, under STYLE LOOKUP, you have those examples. Two of the examples of "Original [CSS3]" have a very nice shadowing effect which give them a slightly rounded look. On the config page they are PNG files, but on a real web page would you be doing that bordering and shadowing with CSS?

As an aside: I assume in Joomla creation dates and the like are stored as a single date string. Great idea to split that string into parts (D/M/Y) that you can format separately.

Looking at some of your other projects, I notice that you are doing similar things in the Articles Info extension. A real pity that is retired, as it looked very useful.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1073 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: wonky calender images
No problem, I understand it takes a little time to get used to make the perfect calendar look.

The style lookup is to give ideas on how the calendar will look like by using that style (I could not give a live example as results may vary according to browsers and CSS3 compatibility). But indeed, this is pure CSS3. The CSS does not break, even if CSS3 is not handled by the user's browser.

The 'Article Details' extension, although working for Joomla! 2.5 (you can see it in my demo site) has been retired by the Joomla! team (it was not taking into account the new Joomla! 2.5 features - images and links -). I am planning on creating a new extension that will take advantage of the code improvements made since on the Latest News Enhanced module and using the new Joomla! standard features.

Thank you for you interest in my work!

Olivier.