Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file modlatestnews enhanced and breadcrumbs problem

More
11 years 2 months ago #1657 by josulin
Hi!

I install yesterday last version of module latestnews Enhanced; I have a menu item "News" linking to an article that displays the module content.

My problem is that I navigate through pages (news) and in the breadcrumbs I see the category of the articles (in the detail of every new, not in general list). Example: I have "News" item. In the page of news, breadcrumbs are ok ( Home > News ) but in the new detail appears de category of the articles ( news ) and I have the breadcrumb Home > News > News > Title of the new.

It´s a problem because the second link generated links to the list category articles ( table with articles) and I don´t want it. I want to show only breadcrumb like Home > News > Title of the new, where link News goes to the list of news that shows the module.

Which can be the problem? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1658 by admin
Hello,
the underlying problem is that you are using the module in a menu item so it gets the menu item then the category in the breadcrumbs. The Joomla! breadcrumbs module gets 'confused' because you are using a module as content, which is not what it is intended for. The breadcrumbs module only works with standard menu items/component views. I am afraid there is no easy solution here other than tweaking the breadcrumbs module's code.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1659 by josulin
Hello.

Do you if exists other way to show a module content linking from a menu item?

Thank you for your anwer.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1660 by admin
Hello,
No, I don't think there are any other ways than going through plugins. It is just not built in Joomla!. Modules are meant to be used as 'widgets', not main content.
:-)

Olivier.