Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Home Page modules still being displayed

More
11 years 1 month ago #1847 by Biggzi
I have just installed the latest version of LNE on my Joomla 2.5.8 site.

I have LNE module on my home page. The problem I am having is when you click on an article to see the full thing all of the module from my home page (slide show, side menu etc.) are all being displayed on the full article page. I have checked and these home page modules are set to display only on the home page so I know it's not that.
Can be seen here: new.southendymca.org.uk
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1848 by admin
Hello,
I think that is because you do not have a menu item associated with your articles. So when you click in the module, it still considers that the articles are shown in the homepage. You need to create a menu item that shows the articles when not called from the module. That is with the same categories as in the module.
2 things though:
- if you want the menu item to be accessible to your users, just add it to your main menu
- if you do not want the menu item to be shown, create a new menu, add the menu item to it but do not place that menu anywhere in your page.
That should fix the issue :-)
Now, you can put any module you wish in the pages that show the articles, independently from the homepage.

Great looking website by the way...

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Biggzi

More
11 years 1 month ago #1857 by Biggzi
Replied by Biggzi on topic Re: Home Page modules still being displayed
Thanks so much oliver! Such a quick and detailed response! I solved the problem by simply creating a menu link to my "news" category and now all of the articles display normally.

To show my appreciation I will be purchasing the extended version of your module!

I have used LNE on sooo many websites (since Joomla 1.5) and it is such a great free extension! Much better then any of the other news display modules and does everything I need for free!

Thanks again. Oh and thanks for the website compliment :-)

More
11 years 1 month ago #1861 by admin
You are very welcome :-)
I am really glad you like the module, it has been a little under-used, they are just many of them out there...
I hope you will appreciate what the paid version offers.

Olivier.