Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Blanc screen

More
10 years 11 months ago #2186 by Ben Mulder
Blanc screen was created by Ben Mulder
We use Latest News Enhanced for news and announcements in our 'small village website' via in-article positioning in JA-Purity template. It worked excellently, until I replaced the website from our test site to the regular server (both from the same provider, same conditions as far as I know).
After that transition some of news-modules did not show-up (blanc screen), while others did. After updating to the last version of Latest News Enhanced (april 2013) all modules resulted in a blanc screen.
Can someone help me with this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2189 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Blanc screen
Hello,
do you mean none of the pages work anymore or just the positions where the modules are located? Do you have a URL where I could see the behavior? It is rather strange, if you had a CSS issue (sometimes, CSS files do not have the right permissions) you would still see the news, although without formating. But not a blank page/module.
If some news modules were working at first after the move and not others, I find it strange, maybe due to a cache issue. Maybe you are using caching for the modules and of course, after the move, the cache is invalid, it has to be emptied. Make sure there is no caching for each module.
Let me know if that helps!

Olivier.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2190 by Ben Mulder
Replied by Ben Mulder on topic Re: Blanc screen
Dear Oliver,

Thank you very much for your fast response. Unfortunately, I do not think the cache is the problem. In all modules caching is not used and I cleared the cache several times.
I was thinking about an access problem, but all folders have the rights 755 and the files all have the rights 644.
It seems that I have a similar problem as EddyH (Website no longer accessible).
In the mean time I see also some other problems, not related to LNE, such as not having the possibility to make new menu-items.
The link to my website: www.ingasteren.nl/index.php?lang=nl
I attached some screenshots.
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #2191 by admin
Wow, the screenshots are pretty bad. You got the latest version but the language files did not install properly, you still have the old ones (all new keys are not translated). More elements are missing such as messages in the admin console for the module. Which makes me wonder: did you install the required library lib_syw that is needed for the module to work?

I am not sure what you are trying to explain with the last screenshot :-)

Olivier.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2192 by Ben Mulder
Replied by Ben Mulder on topic Re: Blanc screen
Because there was no Dutch translation I installed the English version at that place and renamed some terms in the old version. Indeed, I did not change this document up to now, but I suppose this cannot be the reason of the (server) blanc-screen problem. In the mean time I installed the library, without success.
The main problem I saw was the message: 'PHP allow_url_fopen' is not available. Is this option necessary and can this be the reason of the bland-screen?

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2193 by admin
If your screen shots do not look similar to the ones provided on this website (other than the translation issues), there is a problem in your installation of the module. 'allow_url_fopen' is necessary if images of your articles are not hosted on your website but are remote files. In any case, that does not make the module 'blank', you would still see the news.
In the advanced options, use the setting 'show errors' to see if there are any issues from inside the module.

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by admin.