Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Images doesn't display

More
11 years 8 months ago #728 by masifjh
Images doesn't display was created by masifjh
Hello,

when i select calender mode it work like a charm (SS attached)

but when i select image mode its through following error and doesn't me go to the page of website ( sinewstoday.com/index.php/desh )where i insert this module

Warning: Unsupported filetype in /home/content/56/9450656/html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhanced/image.php on line 31

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unsupported filetype' in /home/content/56/9450656/html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhanced/image.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/56/9450656/html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhanced/helper.php(196): thumbnail->setImage('t1.gstat...', 'com/images?q=tb...') #1 /home/content/56/9450656/html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhanced/mod_latestnewsenhanced.php(13): modLatestNewsEnhancedHelper::getList('114', Object(JRegistry)) #2 /home/content/56/9450656/html/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/joomla/modulehelper.php(188): require('/home/content/5...') #3 /home/content/56/9450656/html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/module.php(107): JModuleHelper::renderModule(Object(stdClass), Array) #4 /home/content/56/9450656/html/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/modules.php(39): JDocumentRendererModule->render(Object(stdClass), Array, NULL) #5 /home/content/56/9450656/html/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php(371): JDocumentRendererModules->render('col-mass-top', Array, NULL) #6 in /home/content/56/9450656/html/modules/mod_latestnewsenhanced/image.php on line 32
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #730 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Images doesn't display
Hello,
it means the module is trying to create a thumbnail from an image that has a file type that is not supported. It may come from an image in one of your articles or from your server and its ability to use the PHP GD package.
Can you send me a screenshot of the module parameters where it shows the PHP GD extension information?

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #733 by masifjh
Replied by masifjh on topic Re: Images doesn't display
Please find SS

for module parameters
Attachments:

More
11 years 8 months ago #734 by admin
Thank you. Your server seems configured correctly.
It probably has to do with picture(s) inside the articles then.
Beware: if there are empty spaces or special characters in the image names, it will fail. That probably is what is going on.
Can you send me the URL to your site so I can take a look?

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #735 by masifjh
Replied by masifjh on topic Re: Images doesn't display
sinewstoday.com and i have inserted your module at sinewstoday.com/index.php/desh

currently i had set calender mode so there aren't any issue but as soon as its set for image mode you can not access this page anymore and it will show same error which i had mentioned in the first post

More
11 years 8 months ago #736 by admin
As I suspected, the problem lies in the images themselves.
The last 2 articles include images that are not hosted on your website and that are encoded images.
The PHP library handles .jpg, .gif files but not files with such names as t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTse5ej...avCt47ZcK_U6EMDaYbbE.
What I will do on my end is make sure this situation does not break the module and handles this case gracefully (like not show any image for instance).
What you probably will need to do in the meantime, is get those images, save them on your website locally and use the local versions on your articles. It will be better anyway, as these images hosted somewhere else may disappear, leaving your articles with empty image spaces.

Olivier.