Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Image files extensions in UPPERCASE

More
11 years 7 months ago #931 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Image files extensions in UPPERCASE
Thank you Alex, you are really helpful. As I can see, the same articles won't show images, order has no effect. You can revert your changes, thanks for doing this test :-)

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #932 by admin
Just to make sure: when you said you checked the source code and realized the img tags where similar between an article that works and one that does not, did you check the articles's source code on the website itself or under the admin console (in the editor)?

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #933 by alex6m
Replied by alex6m on topic Re: Image files extensions in UPPERCASE
I inspected the HTML source with Firebug; but now that you asked I checked the article in Article Manager - and is the same.

And being in the Article Editor I thought that will be relevant to insert a working picture in a non-working article - so we can spot if it's the picture or the article.
So, I did this and found that the problem it's at the article, look at the attached picture, the same image gets wrong path once and corect the second.

As you can see the pictures have all the article title as their filename. This is important for the next paragraph:

Meanwhile I observed another weird thing: There is one picture that IS WORKING but it's path NEVER gets displayed :blink: , this means that path never gets into the variable $image in the image.php file!
I marked this picture with 2 question marks in the attached image, because I wonder how can it be displayed if the path value is missing at that point?? :ohmy:

So, it seems the path reading mechanism is affected by something in the article settings or in the article itself.

Well, we are geting closer, right? :)
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #934 by alex6m
Ahh, please disregard the last part in the last message, that one with the "weird thing".
It's not weird at all, just the image is a JPG, so the case PNG with the "echo $image;" code does not aply to it.

Best regards,
Alex.

More
11 years 7 months ago #937 by admin
Thanks for checking the source code out.
It turns out I was doing a cut and paste in one of my articles and after pasting, the website's root was added to the image paths. As every image was in the cache, I did not notice anything until I moved the article to another server and looked at the website in another browser... That is why I was asking you to check that out. :-)
Also, some browsers 'fix' the source code and when you look at it from them, you may not have the original source. Firefox does that.

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #939 by alex6m
No problem, you're welcome.

I found one last thing to bring to your attention: if there is a space in the image path it gets converted in %20 and the browser shows it, but the module display the same error (...failed to open stream: No such file or directory...)

For me this is not a problem as I should not have spaces in paths (I already asked my authors to correct couple of such mistakes), but someone may have more like this.

So, I'll use the module with the customized absolute path as I said before; other than this is a unique solution (combining "strip tags", "random order" and "article thumbnail" options).

Thank you and bets regards,
Alex.