Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Invalid Markup Error

More
12 years 2 months ago #132 by buzzi
Invalid Markup Error was created by buzzi
Hello!

I'm using Trombinoscope for a few days and it really fits into my needs. But I stumbled across a small issue.

I tried to validate a page containing a Trombinoscope module with validator.w3.org as XHTML 1.0 Transitional and got lots of errors and warnings.

I found two types of errors. The first about not encoding ampersands and the second about wrong delimiters.

The first one I could fix by editing joomla/modules/mod_trombinoscope/tmpl/default.php around line 42:
$link = htmlspecialchars(modTrombinoscopeHelper::getContactRoute($item->slug, $item->catid));
By surrounding the code for $link with htmlspecialchars the first type of errors vanished.

The second type resulted from an interference with the Joomla e-mail-cloaking plugin.

The following code goes into joomla/modules/mod_trombinoscope/helper.php around line 192:
$enabled = JPluginHelper::isEnabled('content', 'emailcloak');
if (!$enabled) {
    $html .= '    <a class="personemail" href="mailto:'.$field.'" title="'.$field.'">';
    $html .= '        <span>'.$field.'</span>';
    $html .= '    </a>';
} else {
    $html .= '        <span class="personemail">'.$field.'</span>';
}

Maybe helpful if you're using Trombinoscope and running into the same validation issues.

Thanks for sharing this module!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #133 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Invalid Markup Error
Thank you for sharing your finds. I will look into it and correct the necessary parts for the next release.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: buzzi

More
12 years 2 months ago #134 by buzzi
Replied by buzzi on topic Re: Invalid Markup Error
Cool! Thanks for your time and efforts!