Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Styling of entries

More
2 years 1 week ago #5648 by joomlaguy76
Styling of entries and dates was created by joomlaguy76
Hi Olivier,

I just signed up for the 3-month free extensions support membership.  I need help with a few things.  If the below issues I am asking about are not within the scope of the support membership I just purchased, I would be happy to pay you additional fees for your time in helping me resolve them, if you are willing to do so. Just send me an invoice or whatever. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have apparently been running a very old (1.?) version of LNE.  It was working and had the appearance I wanted (see attached screenshot #1).

I upgraded to the current version and the appearance changed (attached #2).

I edited "layout" settings:

show text = 0
link = title
spacing = 36px

That resulted in the appearance shown in attached #3.  Pretty good.

I noticed after saving module settings and going back in to edit them again, they're not preserved, even though the change is live on the website.  But on the backend, it's like I never made the change.  Weird -- maybe a bug?  That's possible issue #1.

Anyway, I would like to get the alternating background colors discussed earlier in this topic, but it looks like the "CSS overrides" is no longer available under the "Advanced" tab.  Is there a way to accomplish this now?   Issue #2.

Finally, I notice the linked titles inherit the same light blue color used by the links in the article content of my website.  I don't like that color but don't know how to use web developer tools correctly to identify the source where that color is defined.  Can you help?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #5649 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Styling of entries
Hello!

No worries, I will answer your questions here.

First, when updating from a very outdated version of an extensions, chances are that that extension improved over the years, and you may run into some backward incompatibilities.
So, I am not surprised you ran into issues.

A wonderful place to know what you may encounter is the 'updating older versions' for each extension. For Latest News Enhanced (LNE), you can find it here : simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest...ating-older-versions.

And ideally, you would update an outdated version of any extension on a test site if possible.

Now, for not seeing the changes on the public side of the site: you are certainly running into cache issues. Caching has improved in LNE to ensure the pages load as fast as possible.
This exhaustive article will help you troubleshoot it: simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tutori...-no-matter-what-i-do.

Furthermore, if you look closely and check the documentation, you will notice the CSS overrides now take place in the 'theming' tab (an area where it makes more sense to find that setting). simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest...t-of-options/theming

Finally, links take the look of the template links on purpose. It makes for a more consistent overall look. You can change the link color (and hover) in the 'theming' tab, once again.
You will find it under the section 'Themes overrides'.

I think that should cover it! Of course, get back to me if you run into more issues!

Olivier.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by syw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlaguy76

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.