Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Image files extensions in UPPERCASE

More
11 years 7 months ago #910 by alex6m
Image files extensions in UPPERCASE was created by alex6m
Hi there,

I have image files with both lowercase and uppercase, so for lowercase I get correct thumbnails but for those with uppercase I get an error (...No such file or directory...).

Is there anyway to get those with upercase extensions displayed?

Best reagrds,
Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #911 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Image files extensions in UPPERCASE
Hello Alex,
yes, I have realized this shortcoming this weekend actually, answering some other user's issue. I will have a fix as soon as possible (in the next couple days). Was hoping nobody would need it already, but I guess you caught up with me!

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #912 by alex6m
Replied by alex6m on topic Re: Image files extensions in UPPERCASE
Hello Olivier and thank you for your efforts,

I look forward for the fix, if it's anythyng I can do to help please let me know!

Best regards,
Alex.

More
11 years 7 months ago #913 by admin
No problem, it is my mistake.
I will work on the fix today but will have to work on all versions. To make the process faster for you, could you tell me which version of Joomla! you need it for and I will post the fixed version here for you to test. Thank you for your help!

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #914 by admin
Alex,
I have checked the code and I realized that I already had taken this configuration into account (uppercase extensions). I made an example with a file called XXX.JPG embedded in an article and it worked just fine. Your issue must be something else. Can you send me the URL so I can check this out?

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #915 by alex6m
Replied by alex6m on topic Re: Image files extensions in UPPERCASE
Hello Olivier and sorry for the delay,

I double-checked and you are right, please see here the page where the error is displayed.
The missing image is "/images/hosting-gazduire.png" but the image is right here , where it should be - and this is normal, as the com_latesnewsenhanced reads the correct image path and type from the original article where the image is correctly displayed.
As you can see at the URL before, some of images work and one of them not. I checked them using my FTP program and they are in the same directory, with same extension, same rights and ownership - please see the attached image - here the "hosting-gazduire.png" is the "missing" one and "abonamente-service-calculatoare.png" is the yellow bulb you can see in the page at the URL before.

Sorry for the uppercase mistake, I actually observed this for other section and there are many uppercase extensions.
My Joomla version is 1.5.

Best regards,
Alex.
Attachments: