Published in the Joomla Extensions Directory (JED)
Help the community, translate this extension!
create an account
post in forum
What it does out-of-the box
- calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) - but you can do it locally as well,
- places jQuery libraries and MooTools calls in order for perfect compatibility,
- adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call,
- strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins,
- lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
What you can tweak
- disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend,
- enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page,
- use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done,
- add or remove scripts and stylesheets,
- strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page,
- prevent some libraries to be stripped out,
- modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code...),
What the plugin cannot do
jQuery Easy cannot analyze and fix issues on aggregated or zipped code.
Some tools or templates perform high levels of optimizations that render scripts unidentifiable. Use one or the other. In this case, identify issues with jQuery Easy on non-aggregated code, fix the code internally (or by requesting support for the faulty extension(s)), disable jQuery Easy and finally optimize the code before putting the site into production.
Solving remaining issues
Although jQuery Easy can solve a large number of jQuery issues (code conflicts, jQuery libraries duplicates, wrong order calls...), some problems can still occur.
These problems can come from different sources:
- another Joomla! extension may interfere,
- some scripts on the page are not compatible with the version of jQuery you have selected in the plugin,
- there are remaining conflicts with MooTools or another library,
- some jQuery script declarations may need to be modified...
Re-ordering the system plugins, changing the jQuery version in the plugin console, requesting code modifications to the developers of the extensions that cause problem... are solutions you can try. There is no solution that fits all and we, at Simplify Your Web, are also here to help.
Has jQuery Easy been useful to you? Support future developments and do your website a favor by using a version of the plugin that allows you to create different profile configurations for different areas of your site. Because one solution may not fit your entire website.
Better yet, limit the plugin's processing to the header of your pages and release server resources while speeding up your entire page load. Tweak or add regular expressions to fit your needs. Use your CDN of choice.
Upgrading to the commercial version will transfer your plugin settings.
|Features||FreeGo free||ProGo pro|
|best for site-wide identical modifications||best to optimize and target different areas of a site with different configurations|
|scan for issues||on the whole page or New v4+ just <head>||on the whole page or just <head>|
|target scans to||whole site, specific pages||whole site, mobile or desktop devices, templates, components, menu items, access groups, languages, specific pages|
|regular expressions||un-modifiable||modifiable |
add your own
|jQuery support||Yes||Yes |
support for 'slim' versions
|jQuery UI support||Yes||Yes|
|jQuery Mobile support||No||Yes|
|Disable JCaption||Yes||Yes + sitewide|
|Disable MooTools tooltips||No||sitewide|
|Disable Bootstrap tooltips||No||Yes + sitewide|
|Tooltip fix for conflicts between Bootstrap and jQuery UI||No||Yes|
|Button fix for conflicts between Bootstrap and jQuery UI||No||Yes|
|Add jQuery declarations||No||Yes|
|Add scripts before the end of the <body> tag||No||Yes|
additional scripts only
|Content Delivery Network||Google by default||choice between Google, Microsoft, Cloudflare or jQuery|
|forum support||read-only |
unless you own a valid basic membership
|email support||No |
unless you own a valid basic membership
|Features||Go free||Go pro|