Latest News Enhanced Pro v3.0
Latest News Enhanced Pro v3.0
14. Feb 2017
v2.0.0 (03/09/15) Major overhaul of the module. Smaller footprint, speed improvements, better interface, tons of new features.
- FIXED when 'full width' style image is bigger than its container (on responsive sites), it is not centered and it removes right border
- FIXED issues with resizing of the 'full width: overlap' style
- FIXED stylesheets to ensure responsiveness
- FIXED force one line does not work if title is not linked
- MODIFIED link 'nofollow' is off by default
- MODIFIED pagination positions separated in two fields: position and alignment
- MODIFIED default picture goes through the image processing like all other images
- MODIFIED merged original and original CSS3 calendars together
- MODIFIED merged original and bleed styles together (use 'wrap' option to wrap the text around the image or the calendar)
- MODIFIED justpagination is not a selectable animation anymore. Loaded when pagination needed and animation set to 'none'
- MODIFIED diff of 2 dates (uses PHP 5.3 diff). 'Ago' options now include months and years
- MODIFIED calendar background images are now selectable from images/lnee/calendars
- MODIFIED default image selection moved to the 'head:image' tab
- MODIFIED calendar stylesheets to make calendar skinning more flexible
- MODIFIED styles and animations lookups
- MODIFIED minor styles and animation tweaks
- MODIFIED stylesheet naming (warning: if updating from previous version, CSS overrides needs to be rewritten)
- MODIFIED separation of styles (common ones and the ones tied up to the module's parameters) to minimize the amount of styles loaded and remove duplicates (when several instances of the module are on a same page) - improves page loading performance
- MODIFIED when an article is loaded on the page, the corresponding item is now opaque (no active background color)
- REMOVED IE7 support
- REMOVED old animations relying on outdated jQuery ('simple fade', 'simple slide', all configurations of 'slide')
- REMOVED library scripts for animations. Uses the SYW extension library common scripts instead
- REMOVED 'Original Image Size' style. Available as a separate download. If updating from v1.5, please download the updated style for v2
- ADDED verbose parameters
- ADDED previously downloadable animations (cover/fade/scroll) are now part of the module (thanks to new licensing)
- ADDED wrap parameter to wrap the text around the image or the calendar
- ADDED calendar border width and color
- ADDED read more link bootstrap-skinnable (style/size)
- ADDED read more link alignement parameter
- ADDED option to open the article in modal window (use with caution)
- ADDED option to choose popup windows dimensions
- ADDED new section to degrade item styles after a certain number of items (remove image/calendar/text/detailed info)
- ADDED image shadow and shadow types (V-shape limited to original and fullwidth styles) - IE8 does not support shadows
- ADDED share icons in detailed information
- ADDED hover effect on images (when title is clickable) in selected styles
- ADDED 'around' pagination position (to allow arrows left/right and top/bottom
- ADDED 'min item width' to limit the news item to be smaller than a certain width
- ADDED pagination bootstrap-skinnable
- ADDED 'follow/nofollow' of the links
- WARNING: 'flip' and 'notebook' calendar styles have not yet been updated to v2
v2.0.1 (03/22/15) Bug fix release
- FIXED commented code is not correctly eliminated during minimisation of the CSS for style 'overlap', preventing user overrides
- FIXED cached files are not removed if not needed any more
- MODIFIED renaming of some sections in the module and in the documentation
v2.0.2 (06/19/15) Bug fix release
- FIXED wrong output when showing multiple tags in detailed info
- FIXED encoding of text in social urls
- FIXED li to have line-height: inherit (to override Bootstrap)
- FIXED when no head, text centered
- FIXED read more label is the title of the article if the title is truncated
- FIXED hover effect on image only if linked
- FIXED featured ordering
- FIXED some interface un-intuitive labelling
- FIXED K2 layout bug when no image but shadows are selected
- MODIFIED leading count behavior. No value means all news items use the full configuration (verify your configuration after update)
- MODIFIED error messages use the Joomla messaging scheme
- MODIFIED MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCEDEXTENDED_APPEND_HITS="%s hits" (verify your configuration after update)
- MODIFIED module options tabs and tabs content
- MODIFIED truncating of title with JHtmlString::truncate instead of mb_substr()
- MODIFIED truncating of intro text with JHtmlString::truncateComplex to allow letter count max WITHOUT stripping the HTML tags
- MODIFIED more logical behavior of stripped tags in introtext ('strip tags' = 'yes' will remove html tags unless 'keep tags' has some values AND tags can be kept in truncated intro) (verify your configuration after update)
- MODIFIED module does not install if the version of the SYW library is incorrect or missing
- MODIFIED moved 'related articles' parameter into the module tab
- MODIFIED way to get author images (reduced the number of database queries)
- REMOVED cropText helper function. Uses getText instead
- REMOVED mb_substr() to take away the dependency on the mbstring PHP extension
- ADDED missing German translations
- ADDED use of lib_syw cache (requires the latest version of lib_syw)
- ADDED 'search fulltext' parameter in order to choose if the images need to be searched in the introtext and/or the remaining of the article (turn off for better performance and less memory consumption - no fulltext in database query and less regex work to find images)
- ADDED K2 avatar as author selection when using the K2 layout
- ADDED jcomments count as information item (needs K2 plugin for jcomments installed and enabled when using the K2 layout)
v2.1.0 (10/29/15) Update release
- FIXED wrong max-width/max-height when using the original size layout
- FIXED block information: when no separator and no icon, text needs a delimiter
- FIXED block information: when no data remove <p class="newsextra"></p>
- MODIFIED MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCEDEXTENDED_APPEND_HITS into MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCEDEXTENDED_HITS
- MODIFIED the temporary folder creation uses the external library syw_lib
- MODIFIED strip tags code is called from the external library syw_lib
- MODIFIED /images subdirectory for created thumbnails. Uses /thumbnails/lnee instead of tmp_syw/lnee (safely delete tmp_syw/lnee)
- MODIFIED 'related' parameter moved to 'selection' tab
- MODIFIED 'image from article' replaced with 'image from content'
- MODIFIED clear picture cache set to 'yes' by default
- MODIFIED block information: <span class="SYWicon-..."></span> replaced with <i class="SYWicon-..."></i>
- REMOVED unused custom field backgroundselect.php
- REMOVED pdf documentation
- ADDED block information: extra classes for easier skinning with CSS
- ADDED block information: 2 extra fields (now 9 total)
- ADDED installer: transform LNE v2+ instances into LNEE instances when upgrading + delete LNE
- ADDED datasource selection (K2 items or Joomla articles) - If using K2, select K2 and save
- ADDED if empty list, possibility to add a message
- ADDED quickicon plugin for easy maintenance (to stay up-to-date)
- ADDED package to install module and quickicon plugin
- ADDED online documentation
v2.1.1 (01/15/16) Update release - requires SYW extension library v1.2.5
- FIXED event triggers in the intro text should be off by default - Set to 'yes' if you rely on the event plugins to be called
- FIXED quickicon plugin version comparison function
- MODIFIED stylesheets and scripts with Jinput
- MODIFIED tmp cache folder is created from external library
- MODIFIED regular expression to find images in text (ungreedy modifier)
- MODIFIED media files are copied to the configured media 'images' path on install
- ADDED quickicon plugin 'unknown' state
- ADDED update website for free module is disabled after update
- ADDED 'Always show' parameter to specify if the read more link is always shown or only if the text has been cropped
- ADDED support and bug report links
- ADDED class 'mobile' at root layer of module to specify when seen on mobile device according to Joomla browser function isMobile()
- ADDED 'Trigger events' parameters to turn 'on' or 'off' the event calls from the intro text. When 'off', the plugins syntax is removed
v2.1.2 (02/15/16) Update release - requires SYW extension library v1.2.6
- FIXED k2 read more 'title' attribute cutoff when title is cropped
- MODIFIED installer: move files to com_media images path (which is not necessarily 'images')
- REMOVED version number from language files
- REMOVED $_GET calls in pagination
- UPDATED google icon with googleplus icon
- ADDED Portugese translations (Brazil locale) (thanks to Carlos Souza)
- ADDED author, version and translators custom fields
- ADDED sepia image filter
v2.2.0 (03/07/16) Major update release - requires SYW extension library v1.3.0
This version is a mandatory update when upgrading systems to Joomla! v3.5.
- FIXED bug passing pagination parameters (resulting in some Bootstrap styling lost) - simplified code
- FIXED Previous and next labels are cut off if empty space in the label
- FIXED icons as links should get the template's color for linked items
- FIXED helper: wrong test to identify K2 (should use datasource and not layout name, since layout name can be overriden)
- FIXED dates are formatted through JHTML::_('date') for the whole calendar representation, not only the time
- FIXED calendar items are not really centered when using letter-spacing CSS property
- FIXED first slide of animation gets wrong height
- FIXED animations briefly show unstyled content when loading
- FIXED missing labels when arrows are replaced with Prev/Next on either side of the module
- FIXED carousel wrapper naming may collide with other extensions using the same jQuery plugin
- FIXED when icons in detailed information, text does not break (icons use now display:inline-block)
- MODIFIED helper: more tests over validity of some variables
- MODIFIED module name from 'extended' to 'pro'
- MODIFIED some underline structure to allow for plugin integration
- MODIFIED some translations
- MODIFIED Quickicon loads compare version from external library
- MODIFIED minimized common stylesheet to all instances
- REMOVED shrink effects from stylesheets
- ADDED hover effect picker
- ADDED helper: is_link_external variable for social links
- ADDED plugin to use a RSS feed as datasource
- ADDED option to cache pictures in cache folder (useful for RSS plugin, in order to regularly clear the pictures)
- ADDED class 'featured' on item to allow styling if an item is featured
- ADDED 'high resolution' parameter to support devices with higher pixel ratios (such as retina displays)
- ADDED detail information option: read more
v2.2.1 (03/16/16) Bug fix release and speed improvements
- FIXED K2: content events triggered regardless of module option
- FIXED K2: make sure user image exists when selecting K2 user image as author picture
- FIXED default picture cannot be external
- FIXED when looking for images in content, articles are scanned even when thumbnails have been previously created
- FIXED center image vertically only when maintain height and no image cropping
- FIXED take into account file paths with images generated from external path and file paths with additional request parameters
- MODIFIED thumbnail image paths without base
- MODIFIED when reset pictures, all thumbnails of the module instance are deleted, not just the shown items
- ADDED on update, remove cached styles and scripts for all instances to avoid unexpected side effects due to fixes, updates and new features
v2.2.2 (03/29/16) Bug fix release and performance improvements
- FIXED missing parameters in onLatestNewsEnhancedGetDetailData
- FIXED animation does not resize properly on horizontal configuration when moving all visible items at once
- MODIFIED reduce the number of blank lines in the output (module templates)
- ADDED classes to links a, b and c in detailed information to be able to distinguish them from each other
- ADDED experimental advanced feature 'remove whitespaces' to compact the html output
- ADDED instant release of resources as soon as thumbnail creation is done
v2.3.0 (05/03/16) Update release
- FIXED links a, b c do not get the global parameters if url targets are not set
- FIXED do not show share links if link is missing
- FIXED share links: base path is sometimes doubled
- FIXED item gets wrong active CSS class in some cases (for instance when aliases are almost identical)
- FIXED when image item is missing and no default image, the item takes the preceding image
- FIXED wrong order in K2 categories when using multi-levels
- FIXED K2 items should show when K2 categories are set to auto
- FIXED articles should show on article page by default when categories are set to auto
- REMOVED alert in common CSS file, reducing its size
- ADDED id #latestnews-item-[item id] to differentiate every element
- ADDED translation warning on install when language missing for the module
- ADDED related by tag (with article or K2 item views)
- ADDED related by tag (with any content that uses Joomla tags)
- ADDED icon selection for detailed information
- ADDED class name to social icons for easier styling
- ADDED display category description and article count when using one consolidated category
- ADDED display category article count when using multiple consolidated categories
- ADDED categories can be consolidated even when more than 1 involved (requires categories are ordered)
- ADDED category position first / over picture / before title / last (default)
- ADDED 'Show on Item Page' parameter to remove the module from the item page when one want to see the module only under a blog view for instance
- ADDED 'Show Unauthorized Items' registered content will show for public view but log in will be necessary to access the full content
- ADDED 'Unauthorized Link Label'
- ADDED 'Unauthorized Category Link Label'
- ADDED 'Exclude Current Item' when on its page
- ADDED 'Show on Mobile" advanced parameter
- ADDED K2 comments count
- ADDED linked Jcomments
NEW BEHAVIOR When using the 'related by keyword' feature or categories are set to 'auto', set 'exclude item' to 'yes' to exclude the current item from the list.
v2.4.0 (06/03/16) Update and data retrieval optimization release (mostly noticeable when using tags)
- FIXED if 'related by keywords' and there are keys filtering items in the selection, show only items that have keys in common
- FIXED if 'related by tags' and there are tags filtering items in the selection, show only items that have tags in common
- FIXED related by tags should pre-filter tags of item on the page before going into the database query (for better performance)
- FIXED tags need to be filtered in the database query
- FIXED added btn-default for Bootstrap 3 when skinning links as buttons and using default
- FIXED 'btn-block' class doubled in source when using full width buttons
- MODIFIED article count within the <a> tag when linking (needed for additional skinning)
- MODIFIED classes position for read more link
- MODIFIED overall clean up of the selection of items (database query and filtering) to make it more efficient
- MODIFIED language files (re-ordering of keys and cleanup)
- ADDED possible skinning of category as button (with Bootstrap) when category is linked
- ADDED if category in position last, one category only and consolidated, category is positioned after all items (description available)
- ADDED read all parameter settings to show a more general 'read all' link/button that will link to a specific menu item or external URL
- ADDED any/all tags to match all or any of the listed/related tags
- ADDED Finnish translation. Thanks to Pentti Mäenranta
- ADDED Russian translation. Thanks to Gregory Ignatovich
v2.4.1 (08/08/16) Update release
- FIXED readmore style cannot be changed, defaults to Bootstrap WARNING make sure your output reflects your requirements (you may have to set the link style)
- FIXED K2 item and category links do not use aliases
- FIXED read all label 'breaks' if link is external and there is no label
- FIXED tag filtering when tag match is 'all' to be handled by database query
- FIXED pagination specific size is not a decimal number
- MODIFIED read all external URL is of type 'url' instead of 'text'
- MODIFIED when author alias is missing, use the user name (reduced database calls)
- MODIFIED helper link tag to allow removal of tooltips on overrides
- ADDED installer: warning when template overrides exist (reminder overrides may need to be updated)
- ADDED hasTooltip class whenever a title is needed
- ADDED class fields for readmore buttons
- ADDED substitute stylesheet can replace the stylesheets created by the module. If the file substitute_styles.css is found in the module's /styles folder, it will be used instead of the default stylesheets. It is possible to use a minified version substitute_styles-min.css, which has precedence. Updates won't remove those files -> email@example.com never replied
- ADDED common user stylesheet. If the file common_user_styles.css is found in the module's /styles folder, it will be loaded alongside the other stylesheets. It is possible to use a minified version common_user_styles-min.css, which has precedence. Updates won't remove those files
- ADDED link fallback: if linking to url a, b or c and url is missing, possibility to link to item instead
- ADDED Turkish translations (thanks to Kaya Zeren)
v2.4.2 (09/15/16) Update release
- ADDED receive update notification through the Joomla install update
- ADDED option to remove tooltip from link
- ADDED module pre and post text fields
- ADDED trigger events in pre and post text fields
v2.5.0 (11/02/16) Update release
- FIXED rating when no rating exists
- FIXED initial refresh in Safari is not initiated, resulting in partially showing elements until refresh or resizing of the page (when using animations)
- MODIFIED installer : added automatic install of external library and removal of outdated update sites
- MODIFIED sepia filter values
- MODIFIED temporary path to /images as default
- MODIFIED load of Google font stylesheet only if not already loaded within the context of SYW extensions
- MODIFIED installer : quickicon plugin enabled on install only so that if disabled intentionally, it is not re-enabled again
- MODIFIED default icon for rating system
- MODIFIED more precise rating (one decimal)
- MODIFIED limited Joomla tag selection to article tags
- MODIFIED separated prepend labeling/data to allow higher flexibility in skinning of detailed information
- MODIFIED the way links a, b and c are shown together
- MODIFIED moved information block specifics into their own tab 'Information'
- MODIFIED calendar output underlying code - WARNING modify your overrides to match the latest changes
- MODIFIED when thumbnails are cached in the cache folder, the folder is mod_latestnewsenhancedpro. mod_latestnewsenhancedextended can be safely removed (clear cache in the console)
- UPDATED stylesheets on-the-fly creation and caching (file access permissions are not required anymore)
- ADDED lib_syw v1.3.5 as package
- ADDED access parameter to info to allow the showing of information depending on the user access rights
- ADDED ordering of social icons - WARNING: backward compatible until the next major update
- ADDED skin social icons with color and radius and additional classes
- ADDED 'no comments' when no jcomments or k2 comments count
- ADDED choice to show vote/rating as text or with a star system
- ADDED stars color parameter
- ADDED possibility to choose information block font and font size - WARNING download and reinstall external overall styles
- ADDED possibility to remove url protocols for urls a, b and c
- ADDED possibility to show a label and icon before all links
- ADDED plugin 'related news in article' that allows the inclusion of tag/keyword-related items after the xth paragraph of an article or k2 item
- ADDED possibility to show tags as distinct items
- ADDED prepend label and icon before distinct tags
- ADDED the Joomla tags can take the associated classes set in the tag component when distinct
- ADDED CSS classes can be set for tags when distinct
- ADDED tag separator can be overridden through language overrides MOD_LATESTNEWSENHANCEDEXTENDED_TAGSSEPARATOR
- ADDED possibility to order tags by name (or by console order for Joomla tags)
- ADDED possibility to hide tags that one do not want to show
- ADDED tag ids to be able to distinguish tags from each other when distinct
- ADDED support for targets for links a b and c (all but modal options)
- ADDED Italian translations (thanks to Alessandro Partenza from OpenTranslators)
v3.0.0 (01/06/17) Update release - lib_syw v1.3.6 included
- FIXED Installer: removal of wrong cached files
- FIXED wrong ordering of item when using 'touched asc'
- FIXED strpos empty needle warning
- FIXED 'always show' read more link should show when set to 'no' and there is full text content, even if the intro text has not been cut
- MODIFIED image default should show when thumbnail creation failed for image found in article
- MODIFIED order of fields in 'selection' tab
- MODIFIED filter by relative dates is now included into the database query
- MODIFIED relative dates wording for easier understanding of these settings
- MODIFIED show author as name, username… as part of the author filtering, removed from the information tab
- REMOVED Author field (all/by me/not by me) - check documentation for backward compatibility on install
- ADDED K2 extra fields are fetched from database
- ADDED support for some K2 extra fields (of types: textfield, (limited) textarea, select, multipleSelect, radio, (no popup) link, date)
- ADDED support for Joomla 3.7 fields (of types: calendar, checkbox, email, integer, list, radio, tel, text, textarea, url)
- ADDED installer: version number of the library installed
- ADDED meta description -> intro text (and vice versa) as text selection
- ADDED possibility to select all but excluded categories
- ADDED possibility to choose the category level depth - limitation K2: level can only be 1 or all
- ADDED start and end date
- ADDED new author parameter field
- ADDED author order
- ADDED exclude by author
- ADDED way to specify a max count per category and per author
- ADDED article child tags inclusion (this notion does not exist in K2)
- ADDED exclude by tag (irrelevant when used as related)
v3.0.1 (01/09/17) Minor release
- FIXED errors in the Italian translations that affect the console's output
v3.0.2 (01/18/17) Bug fix release
- REMOVED content type restriction on tag selection
- FIXED when excluding tags, wrong output in some cases
- FIXED when looking for all articles with associated tags, if none of the articles have been associated, the module should not return any item
v3.0.3 (02/14/17) Bug fix release - packaged with lib_syw v1.3.7
- FIXED category class parameter does not have any effect on categories that are not linked
- FIXED when categories are hidden in the layout tab, hide the parameters (Joomla 3.2+)
- FIXED downgraded items for style full overlap when removing the image
- FIXED fullwidth layout style calendar width is not correct when adding shadow and/or borders
- FIXED code to reflect changes made to custom fields Joomla 3.7
- FIXED if missing external library, quickicon plugin crashes the control panel
- MODIFIED animation, calendar and style selection
- MODIFIED images of styles
- MODIFIED downgraded items 'remove head' is now set to 'no' by default
- MODIFIED quickicon not enabled on install (no longer relevant since updates are notified in the Joomla console)
- ADDED warnings in styles when mandatory parameters are missing
- ADDED description to styles that require it
This version is compatible with Joomla! 3.1 and over ONLY.
You need at least v2.2 for compatibility with Joomla! 3.5 and over.
DO NOT INSTALL MAJOR UPDATES ON PRODUCTION SITES.
Test the migration first.
Read the online documentation section
Updating older versions to complete the migration successfully.
Manually downloading the external library is no longer required. It is now included into the module's installation. It will install or update as needed.
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 3, 29 June 2007
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for
software and other kinds of works.
The licenses for most software and other practical works are designed
to take away your freedom to share and change the works. By contrast,
the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to
share and change all versions of a program--to make sure it remains free
software for all its users. We, the Free Software Foundation, use the
GNU General Public License for most of our software; it applies also to
any other work released this way by its authors. You can apply it to
your programs, too.
When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you
want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new
free programs, and that you know you can do these things.
To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you
these rights or asking you to surrender the rights. Therefore, you have
certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if
you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.
For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same
freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive
or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they
know their rights.
Developers that use the GNU GPL protect your rights with two steps:
(1) assert copyright on the software, and (2) offer you this License
giving you legal permission to copy, distribute and/or modify it.
For the developers' and authors' protection, the GPL clearly explains
that there is no warranty for this free software. For both users' and
authors' sake, the GPL requires that modified versions be marked as
changed, so that their problems will not be attributed erroneously to
authors of previous versions.
Some devices are designed to deny users access to install or run
modified versions of the software inside them, although the manufacturer
can do so. This is fundamentally incompatible with the aim of
protecting users' freedom to change the software. The systematic
pattern of such abuse occurs in the area of products for individuals to
use, which is precisely where it is most unacceptable. Therefore, we
have designed this version of the GPL to prohibit the practice for those
products. If such problems arise substantially in other domains, we
stand ready to extend this provision to those domains in future versions
of the GPL, as needed to protect the freedom of users.
Finally, every program is threatened constantly by software patents.
States should not allow patents to restrict development and use of
software on general-purpose computers, but in those that do, we wish to
avoid the special danger that patents applied to a free program could
make it effectively proprietary. To prevent this, the GPL assures that
patents cannot be used to render the program non-free.
The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
"This License" refers to version 3 of the GNU General Public License.
"Copyright" also means copyright-like laws that apply to other kinds of
works, such as semiconductor masks.
"The Program" refers to any copyrightable work licensed under this
License. Each licensee is addressed as "you". "Licensees" and
"recipients" may be individuals or organizations.
To "modify" a work means to copy from or adapt all or part of the work
in a fashion requiring copyright permission, other than the making of an
exact copy. The resulting work is called a "modified version" of the
earlier work or a work "based on" the earlier work.
A "covered work" means either the unmodified Program or a work based
on the Program.
To "propagate" a work means to do anything with it that, without
permission, would make you directly or secondarily liable for
infringement under applicable copyright law, except executing it on a
computer or modifying a private copy. Propagation includes copying,
distribution (with or without modification), making available to the
public, and in some countries other activities as well.
To "convey" a work means any kind of propagation that enables other
parties to make or receive copies. Mere interaction with a user through
a computer network, with no transfer of a copy, is not conveying.
An interactive user interface displays "Appropriate Legal Notices"
to the extent that it includes a convenient and prominently visible
feature that (1) displays an appropriate copyright notice, and (2)
tells the user that there is no warranty for the work (except to the
extent that warranties are provided), that licensees may convey the
work under this License, and how to view a copy of this License. If
the interface presents a list of user commands or options, such as a
menu, a prominent item in the list meets this criterion.
1. Source Code.
The "source code" for a work means the preferred form of the work
for making modifications to it. "Object code" means any non-source
form of a work.
A "Standard Interface" means an interface that either is an official
standard defined by a recognized standards body, or, in the case of
interfaces specified for a particular programming language, one that
is widely used among developers working in that language.
The "System Libraries" of an executable work include anything, other
than the work as a whole, that (a) is included in the normal form of
packaging a Major Component, but which is not part of that Major
Component, and (b) serves only to enable use of the work with that
Major Component, or to implement a Standard Interface for which an
implementation is available to the public in source code form. A
"Major Component", in this context, means a major essential component
(kernel, window system, and so on) of the specific operating system
(if any) on which the executable work runs, or a compiler used to
produce the work, or an object code interpreter used to run it.
The "Corresponding Source" for a work in object code form means all
the source code needed to generate, install, and (for an executable
work) run the object code and to modify the work, including scripts to
control those activities. However, it does not include the work's
System Libraries, or general-purpose tools or generally available free
programs which are used unmodified in performing those activities but
which are not part of the work. For example, Corresponding Source
includes interface definition files associated with source files for
the work, and the source code for shared libraries and dynamically
linked subprograms that the work is specifically designed to require,
such as by intimate data communication or control flow between those
subprograms and other parts of the work.
The Corresponding Source need not include anything that users
can regenerate automatically from other parts of the Corresponding
The Corresponding Source for a work in source code form is that
2. Basic Permissions.
All rights granted under this License are granted for the term of
copyright on the Program, and are irrevocable provided the stated
conditions are met. This License explicitly affirms your unlimited
permission to run the unmodified Program. The output from running a
covered work is covered by this License only if the output, given its
content, constitutes a covered work. This License acknowledges your
rights of fair use or other equivalent, as provided by copyright law.
You may make, run and propagate covered works that you do not
convey, without conditions so long as your license otherwise remains
in force. You may convey covered works to others for the sole purpose
of having them make modifications exclusively for you, or provide you
with facilities for running those works, provided that you comply with
the terms of this License in conveying all material for which you do
not control copyright. Those thus making or running the covered works
for you must do so exclusively on your behalf, under your direction
and control, on terms that prohibit them from making any copies of
your copyrighted material outside their relationship with you.
Conveying under any other circumstances is permitted solely under
the conditions stated below. Sublicensing is not allowed; section 10
makes it unnecessary.
3. Protecting Users' Legal Rights From Anti-Circumvention Law.
No covered work shall be deemed part of an effective technological
measure under any applicable law fulfilling obligations under article
11 of the WIPO copyright treaty adopted on 20 December 1996, or
similar laws prohibiting or restricting circumvention of such
When you convey a covered work, you waive any legal power to forbid
circumvention of technological measures to the extent such circumvention
is effected by exercising rights under this License with respect to
the covered work, and you disclaim any intention to limit operation or
modification of the work as a means of enforcing, against the work's
users, your or third parties' legal rights to forbid circumvention of
4. Conveying Verbatim Copies.
You may convey verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you
receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice;
keep intact all notices stating that this License and any
non-permissive terms added in accord with section 7 apply to the code;
keep intact all notices of the absence of any warranty; and give all
recipients a copy of this License along with the Program.
You may charge any price or no price for each copy that you convey,
and you may offer support or warranty protection for a fee.
5. Conveying Modified Source Versions.
You may convey a work based on the Program, or the modifications to
produce it from the Program, in the form of source code under the
terms of section 4, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
a) The work must carry prominent notices stating that you modified
it, and giving a relevant date.
b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is
released under this License and any conditions added under section
7. This requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to
"keep intact all notices".
c) You must license the entire work, as a whole, under this
License to anyone who comes into possession of a copy. This
License will therefore apply, along with any applicable section 7
additional terms, to the whole of the work, and all its parts,
regardless of how they are packaged. This License gives no
permission to license the work in any other way, but it does not
invalidate such permission if you have separately received it.
d) If the work has interactive user interfaces, each must display
Appropriate Legal Notices; however, if the Program has interactive
interfaces that do not display Appropriate Legal Notices, your
work need not make them do so.
A compilation of a covered work with other separate and independent
works, which are not by their nature extensions of the covered work,
and which are not combined with it such as to form a larger program,
in or on a volume of a storage or distribution medium, is called an
"aggregate" if the compilation and its resulting copyright are not
used to limit the access or legal rights of the compilation's users
beyond what the individual works permit. Inclusion of a covered work
in an aggregate does not cause this License to apply to the other
parts of the aggregate.
6. Conveying Non-Source Forms.
You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms
of sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the
machine-readable Corresponding Source under the terms of this License,
in one of these ways:
a) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product
(including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by the
Corresponding Source fixed on a durable physical medium
customarily used for software interchange.
b) Convey the object code in, or embodied in, a physical product
(including a physical distribution medium), accompanied by a
written offer, valid for at least three years and valid for as
long as you offer spare parts or customer support for that product
model, to give anyone who possesses the object code either (1) a
copy of the Corresponding Source for all the software in the
product that is covered by this License, on a durable physical
medium customarily used for software interchange, for a price no
more than your reasonable cost of physically performing this
conveying of source, or (2) access to copy the
Corresponding Source from a network server at no charge.
c) Convey individual copies of the object code with a copy of the
written offer to provide the Corresponding Source. This
alternative is allowed only occasionally and noncommercially, and
only if you received the object code with such an offer, in accord
with subsection 6b.
d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated
place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the
Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no
further charge. You need not require recipients to copy the
Corresponding Source along with the object code. If the place to
copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source
may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party)
that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain
clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the
Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the
Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is
available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.
e) Convey the object code using peer-to-peer transmission, provided
you inform other peers where the object code and Corresponding
Source of the work are being offered to the general public at no
charge under subsection 6d.
A separable portion of the object code, whose source code is excluded
from the Corresponding Source as a System Library, need not be
included in conveying the object code work.
A "User Product" is either (1) a "consumer product", which means any
tangible personal property which is normally used for personal, family,
or household purposes, or (2) anything designed or sold for incorporation
into a dwelling. In determining whether a product is a consumer product,
doubtful cases shall be resolved in favor of coverage. For a particular
product received by a particular user, "normally used" refers to a
typical or common use of that class of product, regardless of the status
of the particular user or of the way in which the particular user
actually uses, or expects or is expected to use, the product. A product
is a consumer product regardless of whether the product has substantial
commercial, industrial or non-consumer uses, unless such uses represent
the only significant mode of use of the product.
"Installation Information" for a User Product means any methods,
procedures, authorization keys, or other information required to install
and execute modified versions of a covered work in that User Product from
a modified version of its Corresponding Source. The information must
suffice to ensure that the continued functioning of the modified object
code is in no case prevented or interfered with solely because
modification has been made.
If you convey an object code work under this section in, or with, or
specifically for use in, a User Product, and the conveying occurs as
part of a transaction in which the right of possession and use of the
User Product is transferred to the recipient in perpetuity or for a
fixed term (regardless of how the transaction is characterized), the
Corresponding Source conveyed under this section must be accompanied
by the Installation Information. But this requirement does not apply
if neither you nor any third party retains the ability to install
modified object code on the User Product (for example, the work has
been installed in ROM).
The requirement to provide Installation Information does not include a
requirement to continue to provide support service, warranty, or updates
for a work that has been modified or installed by the recipient, or for
the User Product in which it has been modified or installed. Access to a
network may be denied when the modification itself materially and
adversely affects the operation of the network or violates the rules and
protocols for communication across the network.
Corresponding Source conveyed, and Installation Information provided,
in accord with this section must be in a format that is publicly
documented (and with an implementation available to the public in
source code form), and must require no special password or key for
unpacking, reading or copying.
7. Additional Terms.
"Additional permissions" are terms that supplement the terms of this
License by making exceptions from one or more of its conditions.
Additional permissions that are applicable to the entire Program shall
be treated as though they were included in this License, to the extent
that they are valid under applicable law. If additional permissions
apply only to part of the Program, that part may be used separately
under those permissions, but the entire Program remains governed by
this License without regard to the additional permissions.
When you convey a copy of a covered work, you may at your option
remove any additional permissions from that copy, or from any part of
it. (Additional permissions may be written to require their own
removal in certain cases when you modify the work.) You may place
additional permissions on material, added by you to a covered work,
for which you have or can give appropriate copyright permission.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, for material you
add to a covered work, you may (if authorized by the copyright holders of
that material) supplement the terms of this License with terms:
a) Disclaiming warranty or limiting liability differently from the
terms of sections 15 and 16 of this License; or
b) Requiring preservation of specified reasonable legal notices or
author attributions in that material or in the Appropriate Legal
Notices displayed by works containing it; or
c) Prohibiting misrepresentation of the origin of that material, or
requiring that modified versions of such material be marked in
reasonable ways as different from the original version; or
d) Limiting the use for publicity purposes of names of licensors or
authors of the material; or
e) Declining to grant rights under trademark law for use of some
trade names, trademarks, or service marks; or
f) Requiring indemnification of licensors and authors of that
material by anyone who conveys the material (or modified versions of
it) with contractual assumptions of liability to the recipient, for
any liability that these contractual assumptions directly impose on
those licensors and authors.
All other non-permissive additional terms are considered "further
restrictions" within the meaning of section 10. If the Program as you
received it, or any part of it, contains a notice stating that it is
governed by this License along with a term that is a further
restriction, you may remove that term. If a license document contains
a further restriction but permits relicensing or conveying under this
License, you may add to a covered work material governed by the terms
of that license document, provided that the further restriction does
not survive such relicensing or conveying.
If you add terms to a covered work in accord with this section, you
must place, in the relevant source files, a statement of the
additional terms that apply to those files, or a notice indicating
where to find the applicable terms.
Additional terms, permissive or non-permissive, may be stated in the
form of a separately written license, or stated as exceptions;
the above requirements apply either way.
You may not propagate or modify a covered work except as expressly
provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to propagate or
modify it is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under
this License (including any patent licenses granted under the third
paragraph of section 11).
However, if you cease all violation of this License, then your
license from a particular copyright holder is reinstated (a)
provisionally, unless and until the copyright holder explicitly and
finally terminates your license, and (b) permanently, if the copyright
holder fails to notify you of the violation by some reasonable means
prior to 60 days after the cessation.
Moreover, your license from a particular copyright holder is
reinstated permanently if the copyright holder notifies you of the
violation by some reasonable means, this is the first time you have
received notice of violation of this License (for any work) from that
copyright holder, and you cure the violation prior to 30 days after
your receipt of the notice.
Termination of your rights under this section does not terminate the
licenses of parties who have received copies or rights from you under
this License. If your rights have been terminated and not permanently
reinstated, you do not qualify to receive new licenses for the same
material under section 10.
9. Acceptance Not Required for Having Copies.
You are not required to accept this License in order to receive or
run a copy of the Program. Ancillary propagation of a covered work
occurring solely as a consequence of using peer-to-peer transmission
to receive a copy likewise does not require acceptance. However,
nothing other than this License grants you permission to propagate or
modify any covered work. These actions infringe copyright if you do
not accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or propagating a
covered work, you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so.
10. Automatic Licensing of Downstream Recipients.
Each time you convey a covered work, the recipient automatically
receives a license from the original licensors, to run, modify and
propagate that work, subject to this License. You are not responsible
for enforcing compliance by third parties with this License.
An "entity transaction" is a transaction transferring control of an
organization, or substantially all assets of one, or subdividing an
organization, or merging organizations. If propagation of a covered
work results from an entity transaction, each party to that
transaction who receives a copy of the work also receives whatever
licenses to the work the party's predecessor in interest had or could
give under the previous paragraph, plus a right to possession of the
Corresponding Source of the work from the predecessor in interest, if
the predecessor has it or can get it with reasonable efforts.
You may not impose any further restrictions on the exercise of the
rights granted or affirmed under this License. For example, you may
not impose a license fee, royalty, or other charge for exercise of
rights granted under this License, and you may not initiate litigation
(including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that
any patent claim is infringed by making, using, selling, offering for
sale, or importing the Program or any portion of it.
A "contributor" is a copyright holder who authorizes use under this
License of the Program or a work on which the Program is based. The
work thus licensed is called the contributor's "contributor version".
A contributor's "essential patent claims" are all patent claims
owned or controlled by the contributor, whether already acquired or
hereafter acquired, that would be infringed by some manner, permitted
by this License, of making, using, or selling its contributor version,
but do not include claims that would be infringed only as a
consequence of further modification of the contributor version. For
purposes of this definition, "control" includes the right to grant
patent sublicenses in a manner consistent with the requirements of
Each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free
patent license under the contributor's essential patent claims, to
make, use, sell, offer for sale, import and otherwise run, modify and
propagate the contents of its contributor version.
In the following three paragraphs, a "patent license" is any express
agreement or commitment, however denominated, not to enforce a patent
(such as an express permission to practice a patent or covenant not to
sue for patent infringement). To "grant" such a patent license to a
party means to make such an agreement or commitment not to enforce a
patent against the party.
If you convey a covered work, knowingly relying on a patent license,
and the Corresponding Source of the work is not available for anyone
to copy, free of charge and under the terms of this License, through a
publicly available network server or other readily accessible means,
then you must either (1) cause the Corresponding Source to be so
available, or (2) arrange to deprive yourself of the benefit of the
patent license for this particular work, or (3) arrange, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of this License, to extend the patent
license to downstream recipients. "Knowingly relying" means you have
actual knowledge that, but for the patent license, your conveying the
covered work in a country, or your recipient's use of the covered work
in a country, would infringe one or more identifiable patents in that
country that you have reason to believe are valid.
If, pursuant to or in connection with a single transaction or
arrangement, you convey, or propagate by procuring conveyance of, a
covered work, and grant a patent license to some of the parties
receiving the covered work authorizing them to use, propagate, modify
or convey a specific copy of the covered work, then the patent license
you grant is automatically extended to all recipients of the covered
work and works based on it.
A patent license is "discriminatory" if it does not include within
the scope of its coverage, prohibits the exercise of, or is
conditioned on the non-exercise of one or more of the rights that are
specifically granted under this License. You may not convey a covered
work if you are a party to an arrangement with a third party that is
in the business of distributing software, under which you make payment
to the third party based on the extent of your activity of conveying
the work, and under which the third party grants, to any of the
parties who would receive the covered work from you, a discriminatory
patent license (a) in connection with copies of the covered work
conveyed by you (or copies made from those copies), or (b) primarily
for and in connection with specific products or compilations that
contain the covered work, unless you entered into that arrangement,
or that patent license was granted, prior to 28 March 2007.
Nothing in this License shall be construed as excluding or limiting
any implied license or other defenses to infringement that may
otherwise be available to you under applicable patent law.
12. No Surrender of Others' Freedom.
If conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or
otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not
excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot convey a
covered work so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this
License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may
not convey it at all. For example, if you agree to terms that obligate you
to collect a royalty for further conveying from those to whom you convey
the Program, the only way you could satisfy both those terms and this
License would be to refrain entirely from conveying the Program.
13. Use with the GNU Affero General Public License.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, you have
permission to link or combine any covered work with a work licensed
under version 3 of the GNU Affero General Public License into a single
combined work, and to convey the resulting work. The terms of this
License will continue to apply to the part which is the covered work,
but the special requirements of the GNU Affero General Public License,
section 13, concerning interaction through a network will apply to the
combination as such.
14. Revised Versions of this License.
The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of
the GNU General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will
be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to
address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the
Program specifies that a certain numbered version of the GNU General
Public License "or any later version" applies to it, you have the
option of following the terms and conditions either of that numbered
version or of any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of the
GNU General Public License, you may choose any version ever published
by the Free Software Foundation.
If the Program specifies that a proxy can decide which future
versions of the GNU General Public License can be used, that proxy's
public statement of acceptance of a version permanently authorizes you
to choose that version for the Program.
Later license versions may give you additional or different
permissions. However, no additional obligations are imposed on any
author or copyright holder as a result of your choosing to follow a
15. Disclaimer of Warranty.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM
IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF
ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
16. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING
WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES AND/OR CONVEYS
THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY
GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF
DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD
PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS),
EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
17. Interpretation of Sections 15 and 16.
If the disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liability provided
above cannot be given local legal effect according to their terms,
reviewing courts shall apply local law that most closely approximates
an absolute waiver of all civil liability in connection with the
Program, unless a warranty or assumption of liability accompanies a
copy of the Program in return for a fee.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS