Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Exporting Contacts

More
3 years 11 months ago #5237 by kharding23
Exporting Contacts was created by kharding23
Is there anyway to export the entire list of contacts? This component is near perfect for what I need, but my client wants the ability to export the list.  Do you have plans to add this function in the near future or has anyone come up with a way to implement this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5238 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Exporting Contacts
Hello!

Depending on what contact information you need for your client, one simple way for now is to export data directly from the database (for instance, phpMyAdmin can easily create Excel stylesheets from table data).

If you need information available from custom fields, this is a bit more involved.

I have the export task in my task list but I am still  a long way from getting to it (I have no time frame to give you at this point unfortunately).

Export tools exist in the Joomla Extensions Directory, you may find what you are looking for.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kharding23

More
3 years 11 months ago #5239 by kharding23
Replied by kharding23 on topic Exporting Contacts
I was able to export from the database rather easily. Will be happy when there is an export button so my clients can download this without risking a novice in the php admin area. Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw

More
3 years 11 months ago #5240 by syw
You are welcome. I am hoping I will be able to get to it soon :-) The upgrades needed for compatibility with Joomla 4 are quite extensive, which slows the process with adding new features.

Olivier.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5433 by kharding23
Replied by kharding23 on topic Exporting Contacts
Hi!
Just checking in to see if an easy export function is close to being added to Trombinoscope. 
Hope you are doing well

Thanks so much,
Kim

More
2 years 10 months ago #5434 by syw
Hello Kim,

thank you for checking out!

This is actually planned on my next "wave' of new features for the extension. I am hoping to have it ready by mid-June, unless some issues get in the way.

I cannot believe this thread was started a year ago...

Olivier.