Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Line Wrap?

More
11 years 9 months ago #679 by jh4wvu
Line Wrap? was created by jh4wvu
I am trying to get some of the long fields to wrap to the next line. But when it does I want the whole row to compensate. As you can see in this example, the bottom line is wrapping and it's only changing the height of the surrounding box. (Look at column 2 and 5.)

I have played around with the css styling white-space and word-wrap but haven't seemed to get all the surrounding boxes to be the same length when the line wraps.

Here is a link to what I am trying to do...this was done in a table and all by hand...www.wvuband.org/upgrade/2011_season_band...trumpet-section.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #680 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Line Wrap?
Hello,
can you give me a screenshot of what actually happens when the bottom line is wrapping? The screenshot you have included does not seem to show the behavior you are talking about.
What if you give every contact a specific height? So all have the same height, wrapping line or not.
Is there a way you can send me a live URL of the page so I can find out what CSS properties you should apply?
If not, I will have to reproduce the problem on my test sites, in which case I will need the screenshots of the parameters you have selected and a screenshot of one of the contacts' info. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
11 years 9 months ago #682 by jh4wvu
Replied by jh4wvu on topic Re: Line Wrap?
Here is the link to the live preview --
www.wvuband.org/upgrade/component/com_tr...ombinoscopeextended/

The link I provided in my first post is what I would like the info to look like.

I started over and can't replicate the irregular contact cards like in this image (I attached the wrong image earlier)

I also have been experimenting with the height of each contact...but as I said I am having trouble getting the 5th line (personfield4/tel) to wrap now.

I know just enough of css to get myself in trouble!

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #683 by jh4wvu
I think I figured it out....

After messing with the code via Firebug I think I figured it out. Take a look at www.wvuband.org/upgrade/component/com_tr...ombinoscopeextended/ to see if it looks good to you.

Thanks,
Chris

More
11 years 8 months ago #685 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Line Wrap?
Indeed, it does look good in Firefox, but seems like it looks different in Chrome. I will test other browsers too and see what needs to be modified.
But you are on the right track.
I like the way the page looks, as well.

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #686 by jh4wvu
Thanks...your feedback is appreciated!

Chris