Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Re: jQuery script not running on EasyBlog pages

More
11 years 6 months ago #1026 by admin
Hello Mark,
the order between jQuery and MooTools does not matter ONLY if the jQuery.noConflict() call immediately follows the jQuery library. If this is not the case, yes, that may be why you are having an issue. jQuery Easy forces the loading of MooTools first then jQuery and if the jQuerynoconflict.js is used (not the script declaration), it will be loaded immediately after the library.
Now, I do not know how EasyBlog works but make sure the plugins are loaded in the right order (jQuery Easy being the last plugin called) and see if that changes anything.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1030 by brainstorm
Replied by brainstorm on topic Re: jQuery script not running on EasyBlog pages
Thanks for the quick reply!

On all pages, the jquerynoconflict.js was being called immediately after jQuery, but I still had problems.

I've tried changing the order of the jQuery Easy plugin. This doesn't seem to help - even if I make it the last plugin. In fact, that seems to stop my Mootools menu (Icemegamenu) from working.

It really does seem to matter that jQuery should be loaded AFTER Mootools.

I have now resolved my problem by disabling jQuery Easy (sorry!) and hard-coding the loading of jQuery in my Joomla template index.php. This helps me ensure that jQuery loads after Mootools on all pages.

I have also hard-coded in the template index.php:
- the noconflict script
- one other script (for an image slider) that was working fine with jQuery Easy but started to give problems again once Jquery Easy was disabled (this conflict was the original reason I installed jQuery Easy).

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll use jQuery Easy on other sites - it's really a simple and elegant solution. But it just didn't seem to handle my combination of Mootools menu, jQuery image slider and EasyBlog.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1031 by admin
Thank you for getting back to me with this issue.
I will try and see what is going on with EasyBlog and see why it is conflicting with jQuery Easy with the help of your explanations. This is a strange behavior, indeed.

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1038 by admin
I have made a fix in jQuery Easy to force the loading of jQuery IMMEDIATELY after MooTools. If you are interested in trying it out, let me know.

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1047 by admin
For information: the order of the plugin DOES affect the way the scripts are loaded. Among system plugins, jQuery Easy benefits on having the smallest order number. All other system plugins MUST have a bigger order number. Having no order (or several plugins having the same order number) cannot guaranty which plugin will have precedence on an other.

Olivier.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1050 by brainstorm
Replied by brainstorm on topic Re: jQuery script not running on EasyBlog pages
Thanks for continuing to investigate this issue - very impressive!

I'll bear these points in mind when I'm using jQuery Easy and EasyBlog for future projects. For the current project, as I mentioned earlier, I have resolved the issue a different way.

Thanks again for the support.