Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle want to show profile information

More
11 years 8 months ago #559 by natanja
want to show profile information was created by natanja
Hi there,

Is it possible that the module reads out the contact profile information from the component contacts (or actually from users)? I've linked my users to the contacts so that people can update there contactinfo by itself in the frontend of the website. I would like to display fields of that profile information in the module (or component) trombinoscope. Is this possible? Do i have to read out different database queries in the helper.php? I hope you could help me out that people can edit there own contactinformation!

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #561 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: want to show profile information
Hello,
the module takes all contact information but there is no way to edit the contact information form the frontend at this point. Users and contacts are 2 different things in Joomla! and only users can actually change their own profile. I will investigate a way to add more fields to the user profiles in order to update the associated contact, whenever a contact and a user are linked together. But, sorry, there is no way to do this through the module yet.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #562 by natanja
Replied by natanja on topic Re: want to show profile information
Thanks for the quick response!
I've solved my problem (sort off) by showing only a picture and the name in the module. when you click on the name you get the contactsinformation including the profiles content.
I've only one question: is it easy to show the contact information in a lightbox when you click on the name?

thankssss

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #563 by admin
It is possible and would just be a matter of redirecting the contact info with the help of MooTools (changing the link redirection).

It would be something like the modal window for the standard weblinks, using 'behavior.modal'.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #564 by natanja
Replied by natanja on topic Re: want to show profile information
i've tried it with different lightbox plugins and with behavior.modal but the popup stays emty.

I've added
<?php JHTML::_( 'behavior.modal' ); ?>
to my index.php of my template and I've added class="modal" to the default.php of the module template
<a class="modal" href="<?php echo $link; ?>" title="<?php echo $link_text; ?>" >

I've tried to add different rel= but nothing shows the contactsinformation in the popup...

What am I doing wrong :(

More
11 years 8 months ago #565 by admin
I have tried it myself and got to the same result, but this is expected as the link to the contact is not only a link to the contact itself but to the whole framework (templates and modules included). It is not possible to use the link as it is. I am investigating how this can be modified.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: natanja