Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle [SOLVED] Publish date shows current date always

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1134 by taunwillis
When configuring to use the Calendar option, and setting the Date to use the 'publish date', it actually shows the current date, not the publish date.

The 'create date' option works fine, but the 'publish date' option always displays the current date. How can I fix this?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by taunwillis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1136 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Publish date shows current date always
I will take a look and add the fix to the upcoming release.
Thanks for the catch and your feedback!

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1137 by admin
I have extensively tested the problem and it does seem to work correctly.
Be aware that when you create a new article, the create date and publish date are identical.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1138 by taunwillis
Replied by taunwillis on topic Re: Publish date shows current date always
Both of the articles you see in my screenshot attachment were published earlier last week. One on the 23rd, the other on the 25th, yet the calendar control shows both as today Oct 30. When I changed the control to use the create date, the calendar shows the correct create date. But when I set it to show the publish date, it shows e current days date, whatever that date may be.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1139 by admin
I wonder what can be the cause, I do not get this behavior at all... Can you please add a screenshot of one of your article's publishing options? Thank you.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1140 by taunwillis
Replied by taunwillis on topic Re: Publish date shows current date always
I tried attaching 3 screenshots, but im on my ipad tonight so I couldnt attach them. I will attach them to an email and email them to you.

I created a Test article. It has a Create date of 10/29, and a publish date of 10/30. I configured the display option to show the publish date above the title, and it shows 10/30 as expected, but the calendar to the left shows 10/31.

Note: previously, all of the articles were showing the current day's date, but I went into the articles and manually reset the create and publish dates. When I did, they stopped showing the current day's date, and now they simply show the publishing date, but all are off by 1 day.