Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Some questions to be solved

More
11 years 11 months ago #391 by stsimpl
Some questions to be solved was created by stsimpl
Hi
by the way the module is great:)
I have a few questions:

1. How do i set smaller the font size of the Titles?
2. For some reason the calendar month and day are displayed in english even if i use greek. I show the greek language file of joomla and has translated the month and day. Shouldn't display the correct language? Is there any other place i have to set the greek translation (month and day) for the module?
3. When i choose animation it displays only one new at a time. Can this be changed and display the news i set in the settings? For example 4 news per slide transition?
4. For some reason only in a few news when yu set the characters you want to be displayed for example 100 it shows a questionmark at the end of the phrase just before the three fullstops ...(please see the same attachment)
5. When i use the option to have an image at the beggining of each article and choose alignment TOP it dows not align to top so that each article to be aligned to TOP (please see the same attachment)

kind regards

Andreas
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #392 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Some questions to be solved
Hello,
I suspect you are using the commercial version of the module. Thank you for choosing to use it!
Here are the answers to your questions:

1- you can override the CSS style property by doing:
.latestnewsenhanced_[your suffix here] .newstitle {
    font-size: [your size here]px;
}
The suffix should be your module id, unless specified by you in the advanced options of the module.

2- The date showing is formatted with DATE_FORMAT_LC3. This format is found in .ini language files in your Joomla! configuration. For instance, in English, you will find it in en-GB.ini. Can you make sure you have this key in your Greek language configuration?

3- The animations included in the module only show news one at a time. Animations will be added as free downloads regularly on the website (as time permits), and I have the project on being able to show several news at a time. This is not available yet.

4- Can you try and use another font and see if the problem persists? Some characters may not been handled by it. I am not sure what this can be as I
am just cutting off at the number of characters selected and adding dots.

5- The alignement depends on the style you are using. Some alignment options only work with specific styles. When using the style 'full width', the top option is not available, images are always at the top (I have to add this explanation to the documentation).

I hope this helps!

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #393 by stsimpl
Replied by stsimpl on topic Re: Some questions to be solved
Hi and thank you very much for helping me
1. I added the follwing to the template css file but nothing happend .latestnewsenhanced_163. newstitle {
font-size: 8px;
}
I tried it without the space to the newstitle but still nothing.
Is is the correct place I added it?

5. I tried all the styles but still the alignmnet is done from the bottom and not the TOP.

kind regards

Andreas

More
11 years 11 months ago #394 by admin
No problem, I am here to help you.
1- it should be
.latestnewsenhanced_163 .newstitle {
font-size: 8px;
}
5- if you can send me a picture of what you are trying to achieve, it would be great because I am not sure we understand each other. The only style that can have the text as top alignment is the one where the image is taking the full size of the news, the text being on top of it and having top-bottom-left-right alignments possible.

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #395 by stsimpl
Replied by stsimpl on topic Re: Some questions to be solved
hi
1. nop it does not work, are you sure the place i have to add it is in the template css? Anyway it is not urgent for now:)

2. Ok with that i managed to align it by hiding the titles

How long do you think it will take to do the animation slider work with more than on news?

More
11 years 11 months ago #398 by admin
I would suggest you try:
.latestnewsenhanced_163 .newstitle {
font-size: 8px !important;
}
to force the style property.

As far as the animation is concerned, it is not on schedule yet, I have a few major projects to finish first. Don't expect it before this summer.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stsimpl