Postings

You can freely browse the forum. However, you need a valid license in order to post (own a valid commercial software license or have purchased a support membership).

Posts only show after being reviewed.

file Question regarding Hover Effect

More
1 year 4 months ago #4582 by nsheehan
nsheehan created the topic: Question regarding Hover Effect
Noticed that the Hover Effect only seems to work when the user is logged in.
Using the latest version (2.40), however I did notice prior to updating, was curious if the update would resolve the issue, it didn't.

Looking at the CSS, when logged in the classes user are "picture hvr-grow-rotate" however when not logged in the "hvr-grow-rotate" class is missing.

Just a little annoyance. :)

Thank you.
Niall
More
1 year 4 months ago #4584 by syw
syw replied the topic: Question regarding Hover Effect
Hello Niall,

the hover effect is 'effective' if the contact is linked. If contacts are only accessible to registered users (the link to contacts parameter with a non-public access), then there won't be any effect on the picture for public view. The hover effect is meant to give feedback to users that a link exists and that they can 'click' it.

Note that if you see a problem, don't hesitate to contact me. Waiting for an update for a problem to be resolved may result in disappointment if the issue is not fixed after all. I can only fix issues I discover and those reported by users.

:-)

Olivier.
More
1 year 4 months ago #4585 by nsheehan
nsheehan replied the topic: Question regarding Hover Effect
Good morning. I did figure out why this was happening, however there seems to be a larger issue.
If you go to joomla.rppeo.ca:8443/home2/staff-contact-list and select a user an error page is displayed. The error is:
ERROR: 1054
Unknown column '16cindy' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT name FROM #__contact_details WHERE id = 16cindy-pollock

The URL for the contact appears as:
joomla.rppeo.ca:8443/ottawa-staff/129-st...llock?referer=module

The issue seems to be the ?referer=module removing this or changing it to ?referrer=module (two r's in referrer not one referer) brings up the contact page. I believe this was introduced with 2.40, I had 2.33 installed prior to the update today.

Thank you again,
Niall
More
1 year 4 months ago #4587 by syw
syw replied the topic: Question regarding Hover Effect
I will reply to your last question on the other post you have created. It is a totally different issue.
I am actively looking into that one. All works well on all my test, demo and main sites, which makes it harder to figure out.

Olivier.