Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file repeatable and sql field types in Contact card

More
2 years 11 months ago #5423 by webiedesign
I made a sql custom field in Contacts that pulls the name from a weblink in the weblinks table.  I also made a repeatable field where people can add the positions they hold in the organization (some have up to 3 positions). I don't see these available to add to the grid layout in Trombinoscope. Should this be possible ? I only see the custom textbox fields I added available under 'Other fields".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5424 by syw
Hello!

the extension does not support custom fields of SQL type.
However, you can easily create a custom information type where you can provide your own data retrieval and layout for the output (see simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/trombi...om-information-types). It requires a bit of PHP knowledge, though.

Repeatable fields are only supported in the contact view, in 'space' positions (under the layout tab). It usually is useful when information gathered is large.
Here again, an information type could also be created to retrieve the collected data and present it through its own layout (since you have up to 3 positions for each contact, a simple coma separated list of the positions would be enough I presume).

I can definitely help you create those custom types. I will make them available as examples on the site for everyone.

Let me know if that is something you want to do and I will work on it.

Olivier.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5425 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic repeatable and sql field types in Contact card
I can live without the repeatable fields, but having the sql field work would be very helpful. I am not great at php, but would love to see if we can get this to work. The field simply pulls the name of a weblink using the query:
select id as value,title as text from #_weblinks
so yes !

More
2 years 11 months ago #5426 by syw
All right! I will make an example and make it available as part of the already existing plugin I have created (my Fields at simplifyyourweb.com/downloads/trombinosc...s/file/381-my-fields). Give me a couple days. I will also try to add an example for repeatable fields. I will let you know once you can download it.

Olivier.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5427 by syw
I do have a couple questions though:

the SQL you gave me pulls every weblink from the database. Isn't there anything missing in your query? What is the relationship between a contact and a weblink?

Thank you!

Olivier.

More
2 years 11 months ago #5428 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic repeatable and sql field types in Contact card
well, you are right. I am re-thinking some of this so maybe I need to get closer to the finished product with the site before I make requests that aren't built in. I sure appreciate you jumping on board so quickly to entertain my whims though ;) I am already switching the weblinks to articles since the weblinks weren't flexible enough. I will let you know if this is still something I feel is needed when I am further along.