Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Upgrade to Joomla 4

More
1 year 1 month ago #5887 by MyWorld
Upgrade to Joomla 4 was created by MyWorld
Hi there,

Trombinoscope Contacts Pro: 4.11.0
Joomla: 4.2.8

I just bought the Joomla4 version but now I don't see any of the contacts in the backend. :(

When I first installed it I saw this message in the backend:
Deprecated: json_decode(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($json) of type string is deprecated in /libraries/src/Installer/InstallerScript.php on line 304

I am seeing this message in the front end:
Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /components/com_trombinoscopeextended/src/View/Trombinoscope/HtmlView.php on line 71

Sorry, I thought I did everything right for the upgrade.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #5888 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Upgrade to Joomla 4
Hello!

First off, you cannot lose contacts by upgrading Trombinoscope Contacts. Why? Because the extension uses data stored by the Contacts component, packaged with Joomla. So, you should be able to see the contacts under the Contacts component.

Secondly, the messages you are getting are 'deprecation' messages, not error. It's just a warning telling you that the way some functions are used will not work in the next major version of PHP (here PHP 9.0). So I suspect you are using a version of PHP > 8.1, that is why you are getting those messages. That should not affect your site and those messages should disappear once you limit error reporting in the global configuration of your site.

Note that I am in the process of removing those messages from my extensions and Joomla has also been working on eradicating them in v4.3.

Olivier.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by syw.

More
1 year 1 month ago #5889 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Upgrade to Joomla 4
Sorry I was confused because I use to only access them on Joomla 3 this way:
Components > Trombinoscope Contacts Pro > Contacts OR Components > Contacts > Contacts

Now it appears that you can only access them this way:
Components > Contacts > Contacts

It would be nice to have the link listed below the Trombinoscope Contacts Pro menu, as per the attached.

Thanks as always:) 
Attachments:

More
1 year 1 month ago #5890 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Upgrade to Joomla 4
Oh, I understand what you mean!

Unfortunately, adding a shortcut to the contact page inside the Trombinoscope menu is no longer possible in Joomla 4 because of the way the menu is built.

Olivier.

More
1 year 1 month ago #5891 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Upgrade to Joomla 4
OK. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw