Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Page heading and navigation

More
11 years 5 months ago #1142 by binita
Page heading and navigation was created by binita
Hi Olivier,
I have created one menu item ("Academic") using "Trombinoscope View". Problem is, Page heading is not showing up.

beta.instem.res.in/academic/trombinoscopeextended

Another thing, if you notice,
two type of navigations are displaying (alphabetical and normal navigation).

Can you please let me know
(1) How to display page title ?
(2) How to display only alphabetical navigation?

Regards,
Binita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1143 by binita
Hello Olivier,
In the context of my previous logged query, I found that if we create two menu items with "Trombinoscope View", then it is not working correctly. All the menu items displays the same data all the time eventhough we set up different categories for that.

I was trying to figure out one work around for displaying page title.
I created one module and was thinking to load that module in an article.
But I found out that module does not have facility of pagination.
Seems things are little incomplete.

Can you please look into this immediately and let me know the solution. I need to publish this website in 1-2 days. Things are held up only for this issue.

Website url: beta.instem.res.in/academic/trombinoscopeextended

Regards,
Binita

More
11 years 5 months ago #1144 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Page heading and navigation
Hi Binita,
the page heading can be set in the page 'display options' tab.
Set 'Show page heading' to 'yes' and add a label in 'page heading'. As simple as that... In the event this does not work for you, it means your template does not allow for it. In this case, use the basic option of the component by using 'article before' as your way of getting the page title into the page.

In the basic options, go to the pagination section and set the pagination to 'alphabetized index'.
It is all explained in the documentation.

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1145 by admin
Binita,
first of all, 'things are not a little incomplete', it is just a matter of finding your way into the component's features, read the documentation and know your way around Joomla!, which I agree is a little overwhelming. Modules do not have pagination like any other Joomla! standard module. Adding pagination to modules forces the use of extra libraries like jQuery in order to work (to avoid page refresh). It is a deliberate decision to keep the component as close as possible to the standard way Joomla! works.

Creating 2 menus item views of the component does work, for proof is the demo site where there is a business page showing business staff and an endangered species page. I am looking right now to see what could cause the issue you are having.

Olivier.