Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file no middle name?

More
11 years 5 months ago #1302 by jos
no middle name? was created by jos
Not sure if this is a Trombinoscope problem, but it seems that way:

I can't get middle names showing up in a contact. Only First name and Last name. In my language (Dutch) we often have 'van' (like the German 'von') in front of a Last name. Jan van Dijk, for example.

In this demo the 3rd contact should be Danielle van Wees, not Danielle Wees.

I'm not going to nitpick it should be in small letters. ;) Already happy if I can it to Danielle Van Wees.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1305 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: no middle name?
Hello,
As you know, Joomla! does not handle names very well. Contact's name field can contend pretty much anything. So there is no notion of first name, last name... The free version of the extension does try to deal with this somewhat, but only works if names are composed of 2 parts. It is up to you to decide which part is the first name, which part is the last name. In your case, you will not be able to format the name with the module's tools, as you have names composed of 3 parts sometimes. So in order to have the names showing the way you want, make sure you format your contact field's name in the Joomla! component the way you want it to show and do not apply any formatting in the Trombinoscope's module. So that you are aware of it, the paid version of the extension is way more sophisticated and can deal with your issue. This level of complexity could not be part of the free version.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.