Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Custom Links

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1534 by mark0514
Custom Links was created by mark0514
I have created my own bio pages that I would like to add a link to on the vCard. I can pull the link in using Link A in contacts, but the label "Read More" in this case, doesnt come. I end up with a web icon and no description.

Sorry - didnt mean to put this is the issues forum. I dont think I can move it now.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by mark0514. Reason: apology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1536 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Custom Links
Hello,
(no problem, your topic is where it should be)
I am afraid you have only 2 options at this point: in the contact information, select the 'link a' in the 'fields' section or in the 'links' section. In the 'fields' section you can add a label to your link (Read more) but the link will show following your label. In the 'links' section, you can only have an icon, which you can override with CSS (the web icon is the icon by default). You could also use CSS (the :before selector) to add your own label to it.
But in your case, the 'ideal' solution would be to actually have the 'link to contact' field go to the 'link a' instead of the contact itself, if I understand your configuration correctly. I will see if I can add this option to the next update of the component.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #1537 by mark0514
Replied by mark0514 on topic Re: Custom Links
Thank you for the quick response. It seems you understand what I am looking for. Yes, if we could customize that link, it would be great. The standard contact page just doesnt do it.

In reality, I could use the contact page well if I could get the "other information at the top, and get rid of the heading itself.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by mark0514.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1540 by mark0514
here. I am using Link A as you mentioned. Rather than having the name and/or picture link to the contact page, or even a custom page, would it be possible to make the label for Link A a hyperlink, instead of displaying the URL itself? You can it's use here .

More
11 years 3 months ago #1542 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Custom Links
Ok, I saw your page, looks really nice. With the way the component is built, it is not easy task to make the label the link. I actually think your best bet right now (until I add the feature 'allow contact to link to links a, b or c' to the component) would be to override the contact page. It is actually simple to do. What you want to achieve could also be done just with simple CSS (just use display:none on all the elements of the contact page you don't want!)

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1544 by mark0514
I understand, Thank you. Given the fact that I have already built the bio pages and made them hidden menu items, and I may also want to add modules, I will stick with them.

Thanks