Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

map-pin 403 no permission on stylemaster.css.php

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1633 by kehelle
Replied by kehelle on topic 403 no permission on stylemaster.css.php
Hi again,

Tripple checked the file permissions and all style files *.css.php for the component is chmoded to 744 directly on server and in addition set as custom file permission in Admin Tools.

The same version of Trombinoscope Extended worked wihtout any issues (with custom file permissions) before we installed Admin tools.

The only other change made to the server was disabling some php functions.

Is there nothing else than file permissions that can produce a 403 - forbidden access to the style files with Trombinoscope Extended?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by kehelle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1634 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 403 no permission on stylemaster.css.php
Thank you for all these details.
I don't get what could be wrong, there is no sensitive code in the files. It does not use any of the functions you disabled (unless there is some dependency I did not see).
I would suggest you re-enable the functions you disabled, see if the component works. If it does, disable each function one by one until the component does not work anymore. That will narrow the search and it will be easier to look for where the trouble comes from.
If the component does not work with all your php functions enabled again, we have to look somewhere else. Note that I have the free version of admin tools on my test site and the component works as expected.
One more thing: the stylemaster file also loads other style files that are found in its sub-folders. They all need to have same permissions. Just double-checking.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1635 by kehelle
Hi again,

I found the problem. When generating a .htaccess file with Admin Tools Professional that provides an extended set of security related rewriterules and conditions, the generated style url from Trombinoscope extended with a bunch of parameters is blocked.

I dont have time to identify the exact .htaccess code that blocks the style-url now. The .htaccess-file we use is attached.

Best regards.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1637 by admin
Thanks for the file. Your restrictions are extremely tight and it should not be a problem to pass parameters to a file through regular requests.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1638 by admin
I am going to see how I can create the stylesheets without having this kind of CSS/PHP file. It seemed like a good idea at first, but I want to avoid these permissions issues as much as possible. There is no reason why you should not be able to secure your site the way you did. I have some idea on how to do that. Would you be willing to test it once I came up with it? Thank you.

Olivier.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1639 by kehelle
Hello again,

Better to be a bit tight with security than sorry later =D The forms component we use and other third part components seems to work well with it.

I would very much like to test the updated component.