Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Word wrap, and module spacing

More
11 years 1 month ago #1936 by perini-ps
Word wrap, and module spacing was created by perini-ps
Hi guys,

Great extension. I have a couple of questions which I hope that you can help with. They concern the display of a single contact in a module.

1. The field text doesn't word wrap, so with the name "John Smith" I just see the "John Smi" and I can't seem to work out how to make it wrap.

2. There is a lot of spacing around the Trombinoscope module. It means that placing two modules onto one page looks strange, as the contacts are not close together.

I've tried to fix both issues in CSS without success. Attached is a screenshot which illustrates both issues.

If someone could help then it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,
Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1939 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Word wrap, and module spacing
Hello Paul,
glad you like the component!
you probably are having CSS conflicts with the template's CSS, but I cannot diagnose it without a live URL I can check out. Can you provide one? Thank you.

Olivier.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1940 by admin
For the name 'cutting', just add
.personname { white-space: normal !important }

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by admin.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1942 by perini-ps
Replied by perini-ps on topic Re: Word wrap, and module spacing
Hi Oliver,

That's great, thanks.

The "cutting" is fixed on the person's name and their position (thank you), but I can't seem to fix it with their email address. Where should I be looking?

Regarding the spacing, the site isn't live yet - can I PM the login details to you in order to take a look?

Cheers,
Paul

More
11 years 1 month ago #1943 by admin
Paul,
you won't be able to fix it for emails... that is: emails are just one big long 'word' and will not be cut off by the browser on its own (when several words are involved, it goes to a new line when needed). CSS is used here so that the email address does not go over the boundaries of the card. Your cards need to be at least of the size of your longer email address if you do not want to have them cut off. When you go over the email address with the mouse, it shows in full though.

Send me the login details at [email protected] and I will take a look at your site. Give me 48h as I am on a business trip right now. Thank you!

Olivier.