Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Borders don't affect anything?

More
10 years 8 months ago #2753 by InfiltratorSF
Borders don't affect anything? was created by InfiltratorSF
Hello, I'd like the contact pictures to have borders or margins, in order to have more room for names below them.

But atm I can't do it, the border option doesn't affect them. I am a newbie at php, perhaps my template overrides these values but I am unable to see the source.

Here's the link to the problem in question: www.captainsmontenegro.com/index.php/clanstvo

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2757 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Borders don't affect anything?
Hello,
it appears that you have found the border option after all. Great!
It seems like your pictures are a little too wide to properly display. I would suggest a width of 80px for the pictures. Or use a card width of 18% to have 5 cards per line.
You can also enforce same height for all your cards (use the card height parameter in the component).
Hope this helps :-)

Olivier.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2760 by InfiltratorSF
Replied by InfiltratorSF on topic Re: Borders don't affect anything?
Hello! Thanks for the quick reply! The borders were there from the start, even if I put 0 they are still there, card width and height don't do anything!

I'm puzzled out, can you help me? :ohmy:

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2767 by admin
You have to set 'reset pictures' to 'yes' so that when you are changing the picture size it re-creates the thumbnails for you (the originals are not used when using the crop feature).
Did you download the documentation? It sure would help you.
The picture borders are set to 0 when you create a new menu item. They could not have been there from the start, unless added by your template, which does not seem to be the case.
Can you send me a screenshot of the 'contact picture' parameters of your menu item?

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2768 by admin
Make also sure that you are not confusing menu item settings with module settings. Here you need to modify the menu item settings :-)

Olivier.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2779 by InfiltratorSF
Replied by InfiltratorSF on topic Re: Borders don't affect anything?
That's it! The whole time I was tempering with the module when I should have been with the menu item! Thanks a bunch!