Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file GD required, gd2 loaded

More
8 years 9 months ago #4281 by astal
GD required, gd2 loaded was created by astal
Hi, I have strange issue, I believe it's about PHP server, but it would be helpfull if you point me right direction.

As in the screensot I'm noticed about missing GD extension, but gd2 is loaded. PHP ini sais the same, gd2 is there. So the processing of photos doesn't work.

My php version is 5.4.24
and Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable [ Ember ] 01-October-2014 02:00 GMT

screenshot i.imgur.com/12J0knj.png

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4283 by admin
Replied by admin on topic GD required, gd2 loaded
Hello,

I can see that you have the gd2 extension enabled, but what is happening when looking at your contacts? Do you get an error, a blank screen, no image?

There is an option in the advanced tabs of the module/views to turn on error reporting. It usually helps in discovering why thumbnails are not created. Could you please turn it on and tell me if you get error messages? Thank you!

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4284 by astal
Replied by astal on topic GD required, gd2 loaded
Well, enabling image processing makes no change in contact layout, Image isn't shown, just it's alternate text label as if the source was missing.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4285 by admin
Have you tried the error reporting tool of the component? You don't mention it. If you did not, please do and tell me what the error message says.

One possible issue could be that the images cannot get created in your temporary folder.

Or the path created to get the thumbnails is wrong (for the latest, it would be useful if you could give me the URL of your page to see if that is the problem or you can see for yourself: look at the source code for the image path).

You can also look on your server to see if the images exist in your temporary folder.

And one last thing (since I have to guess at this point still): what are your original image file names? If they are like 'john doe.jpg', it won't work (blank characters are not allowed).

Olivier.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4288 by astal
Replied by astal on topic GD required, gd2 loaded
We have tried error reporting and there was no report at all.
Access to temporary folder could be the issue, but I have no idea where is it, source of the picture is accessible by all users and id is in default location for joomla. This problem is even with default photo not only with user selected ones.
Viewing html code the source of img is just "/", names are in correct format. Sadly it's intranet page so no acces from outside.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4290 by admin
The temporary folder is the folder you set in the Joomla global configuration of your system. In the 'server' tab, check what is the 'path to temp folder'.

I am going to look in the code to see what could be the possible reason for you to get no path in img 'src'. That is strange and nobody ever had this issue before.

The default picture is treated as the other pictures, that is why you get the same behavior for all pictures.

You can also try and set 'process pictures' to 'no'. It will bypass any thumbnail creation and use the original images. Let me know if you get images then.

Also make sure 'reset pictures' is set to 'yes' in the advanced options when 'process pictures' is set to 'yes'.

Since there is no way for me to access your site, you can also try and set error reporting to 'development' in your Joomla global configurations. See if that generate an error on the Trombinoscope pages.

Olivier.