Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Cannot get it to work

• fred_zenozzograte
  • fred_zenozzograte's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #4732 by fred_zenozzograte
Cannot get it to work was created by fred_zenozzograte
Hi,
This extension seemed to be exactly what we wanted to build a directory from an existing and categorized list of contacts.

However, after hours of reading the documentation and comparing it to what we are doing on our website I cannot get the component to do anything but display ALL contacts from ALL categories.

Applying a filter, such as creating a module to display contacts from a an existing category containing many contact records displays no records, only the module title.

Similarly, creating a menu item to display contacts and setting the filter to display contacts from a single category renders a blank page when there should be ten or so contacts.

I'm at a total loss here.... Any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4733 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Cannot get it to work
Hello,

you are depicting such a strange behavior, I can only think this has to do with the way the component has been configured.

Can you please send an email to [email protected] and give me some credentials so I can take a look on how the component is configured on your site?

I am confident this will be resolved, there are a lot of options and it is easy to 'miss' something.

Thank you!

Olivier.

• fred_zenozzograte
  • fred_zenozzograte's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #4735 by fred_zenozzograte
Replied by fred_zenozzograte on topic Cannot get it to work
I managed to get the component working after clearing the browser cache.

Note we use MightySites to manage multi subdomains. Good as that extension is, it is very sensitive to any template control or over-rides.

I have emailed login details and additional information, such as that we use MightySites to manage subdomains on the same content.

I note the browser cache also impacts on theme selections. Changing the theme will not show immediately unless clearing the cache or restarting the browser (Firefox). Could this be related to our template selection?

However, the module just does not show anything except the title. See ccansw.org.au/administrator > extensions > modules > Principal Sponsors. But maybe I have missed something.

Thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #4736 by syw
Thank you for the credentials.

I will look at your cache issues, although this is probably related to the website configuration and while creating new content on a site, it is best to disable any cache, Joomla!, extension or outside cache service.

I will mostly concentrate on your issues with the module.
I will give you an update via email, unless the resolution can benefit other users, in which case I will post the resolution here as well.

Olivier.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4737 by syw
The cache issues seem to be just browser cache issues. Usually, a CTRL-F5 refreshes the page to reflect your changes.

As far as the module is concerned, items were not showing because the item width was left in percentages while using animations. Animations require the items to have a width in pixels.

You can find those configuration restrictions at www.simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/tr...pe-contacts/carousel.

From now on, you should be good to go :-)

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fred_zenozzograte