Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle IE7 Layout Crashes

More
11 years 11 months ago #374 by HalloPeter
IE7 Layout Crashes was created by HalloPeter
Hallo,
I'm using Theme 1 of Tromboscope Extended and aligned the picture on the left and the contact-info on the right side, which works fine in Firefox. But in IE7 and IE8-compatibility-mode the picture will be centered in the middle and the whole text disappears, means the wohle layout crashes. Is Tromboscope not compatible with IE7?
Thanks for help,
Karin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #375 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IE7 Layout Crashes
Hello Karin,
Trombinoscope Extended has been extensively tested with IE7,8,9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari. But it is always possible for problems to appear, despite all the care put into the component, especially because more and more options are available through updates and exponentially multiply the risks for such a problem to occur... I have checked on my configuration and found the problem you have encountered. It probably appeared in one of the latest updates. I am looking into it and will give you a fix as soon as possible.

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #376 by admin
I have found what the CSS problem is.
Until I issue an official fix, please add the following lines to the files themes/theme_1/style_msie_7.css.php (in the module and the component):
.trombinoscopeextended_<?php echo $suffix; ?> .picture {	
	margin: 25px 0 10px 0 !important;
}

Please let me know if you are having trouble updating the component.

And thank you for catching this!

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 11 months ago #377 by HalloPeter
Replied by HalloPeter on topic Re: IE7 Layout Crashes
Hello Olivier,
yes, now it works, the layout is shown correctly in IE 7. But I'm a little bit ambitiously :-) and want the margin-top only 3px high. I added the following code in my stylesheet:
<!--[if IE7]>
<style type="text/css"> .trombinoscopeextended .picture {margin-top: 3px !important;
	padding: 4px !important;}
</style>
<![endif]-->
but IE 7 is ignoring this. And i don't want to "hard-code" this, because of coming-up updates ... I suppose this is due to the !important-rule, which i cannot override the way I did it? Or is my code not correct?
Thanks for your help,
Karin

More
11 years 11 months ago #378 by admin
Hello Karin,
you can easily override any CSS style associated with Trombinoscope Extended without the risk of it being overridden after an update. Simply add your style properties into your template stylesheets. For my projects, I have a separate stylesheet for all my component property overrides.
Your solution did not work because you omitted the suffix to 'trombinoscopeextended'. Each instance (menu item or module) has a suffix to be distinct from each other. The default for a menu item is '_component' and for a module, it is his id ('_45' for instance), unless you override it with the suffix property found in the advanced parameters of the menu item or module.
So your code should look like
.trombinoscopeextended_component .picture {
    margin-top: 3px !important;
    padding: 4px !important;
}
In my previous post, I suggested you add
	margin: 25px 0 10px 0 !important;
}
but instead replace it with
    margin-right: 0 !important;
    margin-left: 0 !important;
}
This is what will be in the fix release.
I hope this all makes sense, let me know!

Olivier.