Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Picture Height/ Width no longer MAX

• fred_zenozzograte
  • fred_zenozzograte's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #4797 by fred_zenozzograte
Picture Height/ Width no longer MAX was created by fred_zenozzograte
The instructions say that Picture Height and Picture Width are the maximum pixel width for the image. That was correct in the earlier version but no it's what the image is resized to.

Combined with the lack of aspect control it makes for very ugly images.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4801 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Picture Height/ Width no longer MAX
The component's behavior HAS NOT CHANGED when it comes to contact pictures.

What was correct in the earlier version should be correct in the newest one (no code changes have been made).

You are experiencing issues related to your environment. They can be cache related, overrides that are not up-to-date...

Olivier.

• fred_zenozzograte
More
6 years 11 months ago #4808 by fred_zenozzograte
Replied by fred_zenozzograte on topic Picture Height/ Width no longer MAX
I have to disagree, There is something that has changed significantly.

The template is the same that was used previously (third party).

I have just noticed that MAX dimensions has no effect at all.

And I don't understand "Process Images". The help says "resizes, crops and filters" - which is it and ho is it controlled?

I mentioned elsewhere there is no aspect preservation of images, which is a real PITA. Anyway, contact images are now a complete mess., to the point that I have decided to disable them

Cheers.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4810 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Picture Height/ Width no longer MAX
If you upgraded from a very old version, yes, there has been changes in the component. But never in the creation of images. It's been the same since v2.0.

You can trust me, I created the component.

I have no idea about the MAX value you keep referring to. There is no MAX value for the setting of pictures width and height.

'Process images' means that images are transformed to fit the width and height you set.
Images are resized, and cropped if necessary. If you set filters, it also filters your image (to make it black & white for instance). It does all of that at once and creates a NEW image.

Images won't be modified if you do not use the 'process pictures' option. Therefore, it will use the ORIGINAL and try to fit it inside the allocated space with the width and height you have set.

Either option you choose, aspect ratios ARE PRESERVED by the component. If it was not the case, it would be a pity indeed and make it unusable.

If you are having issues with aspect ratios, it is probably coming from an interference with something else on the page (CSS conflict for instance).

Olivier.

• fred_zenozzograte
More
6 years 11 months ago #4811 by fred_zenozzograte
Module Layout > Contact Picture > Picture Width is, in its help caption, described as the MAXIMUM Width
Module Layout > Contact Picture > Picture Height is, in its help caption, described as the MAXIMUM Height

I have to say I am very disappointed with what you have done to what was an excellent extension. I have had no choice but to turn image processing off, set image dimensions to a fixed size and resize of all of our logo images to those dimensions.

As I said, very disappointing.

• fred_zenozzograte
More
6 years 11 months ago #4812 by fred_zenozzograte
Regardarding versions

We bought in at version 2.51, which was working fine. With the arrival of Joomla 3.7 we upgraded to 2.60 and are now at 2.62 - the site where we are using Trombinoscope is now a complete mess.