Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Display Showtime Image Gallery in Trombinoscope Contacts

More
2 years 5 months ago #5570 by karjoco
My current setup:
Joomla! 3.10.3
Trombinoscope Contacts Pro 4.7.1
Showtime Image Gallery 1.5.3 (www.firecoders.com/joomla-extensions/showtime-image-gallery)
The Problem:
I cannot get my Showtime Image galleries to show up properly on my Single Contact, 2-column layout pages. The custom field is appearing on the page, but only shows the field Title and ID number of the gallery (www.creede.com/2022-business-listings/bi...de-repertory-theatre)

What I've done:

I have the following set up:
1. I have created the Showtime Gallery Field in Contacts
2. In Trombinoscope Contacts Pro Global Options: "Shared Options" --> In "Custom Fields" I have "Showtime Image Gallery" selected.
3. In Trombinoscope Contacts Pro Global Options: "Fields" --> In "Other Fields" I have "Showtime" selected.
4. I have created a file (but made NO edits other than changing the file name) "/html/layouts/com_trombinoscopeextended/details/tcp_detail_jfield_showtime.php" in template "js_alasse"
5. I created a Menu Item: Trombinoscope Contacts Pro » Trombinoscope (grid) (www.creede.com/2022-business-listings/bi...de-repertory-theatre)

How can I get my gallery to display as part of Trombinoscope?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5571 by syw
Hello Kar,

I have replied to your additional email yesterday. Check your spam folder :-)

Basically, you did follow the process properly. You are missing the step where you need to modify the layout itself.

However, I don't think the gallery should be shown as an additional information type for the contact. Information types are meant for info such as phone numbers, addresses... information that has limited markup. The gallery is going to have markup that may interfere with the remaining of the contact markup.

The (best) solution would be to create a custom field of type 'editor' and include the gallery custom field inside it. You can show custom fields of type 'editor' in the contact view, like you do show maps or forms.

Please check my answer to your email for all the steps necessary in doing so.

Olivier.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5572 by syw
BTW my email came back, yahoo considered my email as spam. I am sending my response again with another email address to see if you can get it...

Olivier.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5573 by karjoco
Thanks Olivier. I did respond to your email. Thanks.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5574 by syw
I replied to your email right away and forgot to check from which email address I was sending it from. And I messed up lol. I am sending it again.

Olivier.